Problems joining the military?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

~resident nutcase
Right, this is off a person on VampireFreaks who has not got the first clue about it i think. here are her problems:

vampirefreaks girl said:
me and my girlfriend were discussing things last night, and over time we reaalized that our dreams can't come true. Her dad is pretty much forcing her to enlist in the military in September, and she's scared to tell him no. She doesn't want to be in the military. She wants to be a cop, but he keeps pushing her to enlist when she turns sixteen. If she enlists, all our dreams together go right down the toilet. And that's just the first way they are down the toilet.

I've always wanted to be a Marine since I was five. Well, if she enlists then I can't enlist because there's a 99% chance that we won't get stationed near each other. That was way two.

The third way is that if either of us enlist, then there's no chance of us being able to get so much as a civil union because the military is just a big gagglefrag of homophobes.

Now for the fourth. We want to adopt a child when I' m 18-20 and she's 19-21. If either of us enlist, then we can't do that. Sperm banks also aren't an option because you can't enlist if you are the designated caregiver to a child (aka a single parent)so there's five.

And then there's also the fact that I have heart issues which means I can't enlist until after they are fixed. So there's six.

Uhm, let's see, what else.......oh, and her stepdad is being a total jerk about her enlisting. she's scared to enlist, and she has told him that she doesn't want to, and then he blames me for it, and then she gives in because she doesn't want me to take the blame, even though I've told her that I will take the blame if it means she doesn't have to go. I just love her so much and don't want both of our dreams to go to nothing like they are about to. I guess we could always make new dreams, but I'm still thinking that it's best if we break up again, I just don't know what to do.

That's pretty much pure copypasta, with slight editing for clarity.
so, your advice? i will pass all advice on to her.

thanks in advance.

Let me get this straight:

A lesbian that's not even 18 yet who already lives with another lesbian with an average age < 20, wanting to adopt a kid to screw them up, too; that cannot even stand up to her own father; that thinks she has what it takes to be a cop; that is a member of a vampire wannabe forum; that is already thinking about separation from her "partner..."

Yeah, I have some advice: Go far, far away from anything involving any type of civil service. Get some professional psychological help. Learn proper grammar.

Jesus, this world is going down the toilet fast.

Offer her this:

"We don't want you in the service. With all due respect, you aren't old enough to have any idea about what being an adult is all about. You and your 'girlfriend' haven't a clue about the slightest semblance of reality - especially that of military and civil service reality.

"You belong to a vampire forum, you're supposedly homosexual, you want a kid, and you want to be a Marine. That is every 'pay attention to me' click out there. I'm willing to wager that you also cut yourself, dress in all black or white, have a butch haircut, and listen to one type of music only. I'm also willing to wager that you've never experienced anything but rebellion.

"Please do the responsible people in this world and yourself a favor and get some help for your issues. I am dead serious. Perhaps some counseling at least, though I'd suggest commitment for rehabilitation.

"You're not gay unless you want to be, and you're not going to be able to raise a kid as two females. Think about it.

"And the very LAST thing we need is your type joining anything where others depend on your professional integrity to keep them alive.

"I hate to sound cruel, and I honestly don't mean to, but you mimic every cry for help out there and need to get yourself squared away, find a nice young man to date, worry about a family when you're all grown up, and stop worrying about some immature bimbo that can't even stand up to her father.

"Her type is exactly what we do NOT need or want in the military, and if she joins she'll be ousted and prosecuted and forced to live her life with a Big Chicken Dinner (Bad Conduct Discharge). That will haunt her forever.

"Thanks for listening,

"A REAL soldier."

Let me get this straight:

A lesbian that's not even 18 yet who already lives with another lesbian with an average age < 20, wanting to adopt a kid to screw them up, too; that cannot even stand up to her own father; that thinks she has what it takes to be a cop; that is a member of a vampire wannabe forum; that is already thinking about separation from her "partner..."

Yeah, I have some advice: Go far, far away from anything involving any type of civil service. Get some professional psychological help. Learn proper grammar.

Jesus, this world is going down the toilet fast.

Offer her this:

"We don't want you in the service. With all due respect, you aren't old enough to have any idea about what being an adult is all about. You and your 'girlfriend' haven't a clue about the slightest semblance of reality - especially that of military and civil service reality.

"You belong to a vampire forum, you're supposedly homosexual, you want a kid, and you want to be a Marine. That is every 'pay attention to me' click out there. I'm willing to wager that you also cut yourself, dress in all black or white, have a butch haircut, and listen to one type of music only. I'm also willing to wager that you've never experienced anything but rebellion.

"Please do the responsible people in this world and yourself a favor and get some help for your issues. I am dead serious. Perhaps some counseling at least, though I'd suggest commitment for rehabilitation.

"You're not gay unless you want to be, and you're not going to be able to raise a kid as two females. Think about it.

"And the very LAST thing we need is your type joining anything where others depend on your professional integrity to keep them alive.

"I hate to sound cruel, and I honestly don't mean to, but you mimic every cry for help out there and need to get yourself squared away, find a nice young man to date, worry about a family when you're all grown up, and stop worrying about some immature bimbo that can't even stand up to her father.

"Her type is exactly what we do NOT need or want in the military, and if she joins she'll be ousted and prosecuted and forced to live her life with a Big Chicken Dinner (Bad Conduct Discharge). That will haunt her forever.

"Thanks for listening,

"A REAL soldier."

100% Agree. Sign my name to that too.

You had me going until here.

You may want to check on the number ONE mental health resource in the world, the American Psychological Association (APA), as they agree with me.

It is estimated that 95% of those claiming to be homosexuals are really sexual deviants, and the 5% that are truly gender confused rarely if ever expose their status.

Not my fault the media has you confused, sir.

You may want to check on the number ONE mental health resource in the world, the American Psychological Association (APA), as they agree with me.

It is estimated that 95% of those claiming to be homosexuals are really sexual deviants, and the 5% that are truly gender confused rarely if ever expose their status.

Not my fault the media has you confused, sir.
I...

never mind. Not worth giving myself carpal tunnel syndrome arguing over.

Right, this is off a person on VampireFreaks who has not got the first clue about it i think. here are her problems:

That's pretty much pure copypasta, with slight editing for clarity.
so, your advice? i will pass all advice on to her.

thanks in advance.

Seems to me that there are a lot of "what ifs" stemming from only one issue of a 16 year old not wanting to join the military and the answer to that is very simple "Don't join up".

Seriously if she cannot stand up to her step father over something as major as a career in the armed forces then she isn't going to survive well once in it.

Personally I am not sure how you can be forced to enlist as I know the New Zealand cadet enlistment papers still require an interview with a recruiter and your signature on the papers themselves so it seems to me that unless the rules are substantially different wherever these people are then they are getting worked up over nothing.

Last edited:
First off, they're just kids so whatever.
Maybe a stint in the service will give them a good kick in the rear to get their lives squared away... though nowadays with the softer military they seem to be required to show up ready.
Personally never confronted the issue of having homosexuals in my service, if there were any (probably was) they were quiet enough about it to not cause a fuss.
Right now I think these two need to get their priorities straight, that joining the military isn't some little fun thing you do like you'd boot up a computer game, the girl with the issues with the father WILL have to go her own way or things will get worse and her relationship with her father will become absolutely disastrous anyway.

As for the whole gay issue.
I actually had gay roommates back in college and we lived together for about a year. A roommate who wasn't gay decided to move out because he couldn't stand them anymore but I stayed around because I wanted to see first hand what the whole fuss about homosexuals was about. I agree with the APA's conclusions as well.

it's an alternative website. sortof like this place, as it was set up for military people in mind, the "vampirefreaks" was set up with alternative people in mind (AKA goths, moshers, metalheads etc). like myspace without the chavs and ni9as

it's an alternative website. sortof like this place, as it was set up for military people in mind, the "vampirefreaks" was set up with alternative people in mind (AKA goths, moshers, metalheads etc). like myspace without the chavs and ni9as

Oh, exactly the type we should depend on for national security interests: A bunch of EMO Goths with homosexual perversions worried about their same-partner lover missing them at 15 years old.

:sarc:

i lolled. hard.

the responses i got off your response were priceless. generally along the lines of "yeah but..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back