Prisoner Photos by Navy SEALs

Found another link to CBS news over the story.

The problem is judgement isn't reserved in the Middle East where they are seeing the same photos all of us are. I can easily misinterperate them but leave an open mind to other possibilities, they don't. Little slip ups or misunderstandings only make the rift between soldiers and civilians deeper than they already are. Even if there is an investigation that explains the situation. It won't change the way they view our treatment of those people.

Your making suicide bombers all by yourself...the imam's probably don't have too much problems with recruiting... :lol:

rOk said:
Your making suicide bombers all by yourself...the imam's probably don't have too much problems with recruiting... :lol:

Like they have ever had a problem recruiting in the past? These photos are simply being aired with no explantion or background and are being used to fan the flames.

you're missing my point. i don't care whether they were beating the crap out of prisoners or not. my opinion doesn't count. as long as they get the job done by any means neccessary is all that's important. if that means bagging them up then so be it. all i meant was if you're going to do something that could be wrong don't get caught doing it. the audience that you should be trying to convince are the ones in the middle east who see soldiers tying up prisoners.

You know what? I do care instead. And I want damn evidences that they are exceeding their engagement rules before I sanction them.
But evidences are evidences, not innuendo.

there are a lot of things done that aren't exactly legal by anyones standards. but they're kept underwraps because of it. it makes people feel warm and fuzzy inside and justifies what we do if it's legal, but it can't all happen that way.

What are you trying to say? Putting bags on heads is a war crime?, illuminating a prisoners face with a weapons mounted light so a photo can be taken is illegal?, Holding a prisoner down/securing them while being searched rates a NCIS INVESTIGATION?

Whats being kept under wraps?

I didn't say putting bags on their heads is a war crime. But some of the photos can be percieved in a negative light to an audience that is already sensative to soldiers abusing prisoners.

I understand the photos of them handcuffed/tied up with bags on their heads, they are just being secured. But there was one photo of a soldier sitting on a tied up prisoner that can be misinterpreted.

The current enemy would make a photo of a Solider giving a Hershey Bar to a kid a war crime. Or a Medic treating a wounded insurgent an act of aggression.

The enemy and the media will put a negitive spin on anything they can right now. Because people are buying their line of............you know what.

Back