Prince Harry could be sent to Iraq - Page 2

--

January 27th, 2006  
Forrest_Gump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bory
No that was his older brother, Prince William
I'm glad that's set straight. I was really begining to wonder about Sandhurst.
January 27th, 2006  
Marinerhodes

I had hoped it would be a costume party.
January 27th, 2006  
headspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
Papers are known for eye catching headlines to lure people into buying a copy. This particular headline can be taken any number of ways.
I would be intrigued to see a defence for him wearing a Nazi uniform, considering that the Royal Family orginally came from Germany. They even changed their royal name to Windsor in 1917. It was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

It was more than bad judgement. He is so stupid he even had to cheat at an Art exam.
--
January 30th, 2006  
LeEnfield

Well his Uncle Andrew went to war in the Falklands flying helicopters on sorts of missions, his grandmother was in services during WW2 and drove a truck, Phillip was in the Navy and was in thick of it. One of the Queens Uncles died while flying in the RAF. Do you think that they would stop him going knowing what they do. Now that is not bad record for any family, can yours say as much.
January 31st, 2006  
warhappy100

He should not be given any special treatment if his squadron is sent he
should go heck at least he has desire to do his duty for Queen and Country.
January 31st, 2006  
Bulgar Soldja

Quote:
Originally Posted by headspace
I would be intrigued to see a defence for him wearing a Nazi uniform, considering that the Royal Family orginally came from Germany. They even changed their royal name to Windsor in 1917. It was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
Really ? SAXE-COBUR-GOTHA was the name of the royal Bulgarian family 1887-1943.
January 31st, 2006  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhappy100
He should not be given any special treatment if his squadron is sent he
should go heck at least he has desire to do his duty for Queen and Country.
He shouldn't get any special treatment but he will. When you think about it, it's a smart move. Can you imagine the propaganda coup the insurgents would have if they managed to kill a 'Prince of the infidel'? They'd have a field day with that.
February 4th, 2006  
pattheoneuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
I had hoped it would be a costume party.
Yeah it was a costume party and has also made a public apology for it as well.

One of my best mates is part of the teaching staff. Harry will be in Cyprus for his final exercise in march
February 5th, 2006  
Locke

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...590566571.html

Harry to lead patrols in border danger zone

London
February 2, 2006

Prince Harry: ready for action.
Photo: Reuters

PRINCE Harry is to be sent to Iraq next year as a troop commander and is likely to patrol the hazardous border with Iran, according to British defence sources.
The third in line to the throne will join the army's 1st Mechanised Brigade, which will be deployed to Basra in May 2007.
He has told colleagues that he is determined to go on operations and not be kept out of the line of fire.
Defence chiefs, in consultation with the Prince of Wales' office, will have to devise a plan that will not put his life or those of his troops in greater danger. The media is likely to be asked for co-operation on security aspects of the mission.
The Prince will have the rank of cornet, equivalent to a second lieutenant, in charge of 11 men and four light tanks.
Instructors at Sandhurst are impressed by Prince Harry's approach. "It would be a real shame if the Palace or MoD (Ministry of Defence) did not allow him to go on operations, because he is a cracking officer," a senior officer said.
February 7th, 2006  
Italian Guy

In my view Harry is the smartest cookie at court after his grandma. In fact, he is not son of Charles as we know. Going to Iraq would be an admirable thing to do and I like that.