Prince Harry could be sent to Iraq

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Not sure what would be worse... Iraq or Guarding my Grandmother... Iraq really sucks too.

Wed Jan 25, 10:51 AM ET

Prince Harry, completing his army officer training, has chosen to join a regiment which could be deployed in Iraq.
Harry, 21, third in line to the throne, has opted to join the Blues and Royals regiment of the Household Cavalry, his father Prince Charles's Clarence House residence said Wednesday.
The Household Cavalry are expected to be deployed to Iraq in the future.
He could also have to guard Queen Elizabeth II, his grandmother.
Harry is due to complete his officer training at Britain's elite Sandhurst military college in April. He will become a second lieutenant in the cavalry once commissioned as an officer.
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "It's fair to say that if his squadron goes to Iraq, he will probably go with it."
The prince could see front-line action if officials allow him to take part.
A Clarence House spokesman said: "He based his decision on the variety of roles which the regiment undertakes, including reconnaissance support to airborne forces right through to ceremonial duties."
Harry hopes to become an armoured reconnaissance troop leader at the forefront of army operations.
In an interview to mark his 21st birthday in September, Harry insisted he would be willing to serve on the front line once his training days as Officer Cadet Wales are over.
"There's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country.
"That may sound very patriotic, but it's true. It's not the way anyone should really work."
The last British royal to see military action was Harry's uncle Prince Andrew, who flew as a helicopter pilot in the Falklands War in 1982.

Not likely - they wouldn't allow their fair haired boy to get within bowshot of Iraq.

The Queen would have a hairy fit if her grandson had to serve in that 'heathen' country.

god hes a nice prince... i like this guy :)

not many with his status would want to be deployed... atleast this is the first time i have seen something like this...

no wait... Pat Tillman was also worth a couple of millions...

Admin edit: quote removed. Personal attacks are not allowed!

harry_nazi.jpg

Why am I not surprised?

headspace said:
harry_nazi.jpg

Why am I not surprised?

What kind of party was it? Papers are known for eye catching headlines to lure people into buying a copy. This particular headline can be taken any number of ways.

It was the costumes party, Marinerhodes.

And that's cool to hear that Prince Harry might go to Iraq.

Marinerhodes said:
Papers are known for eye catching headlines to lure people into buying a copy. This particular headline can be taken any number of ways.

I would be intrigued to see a defence for him wearing a Nazi uniform, considering that the Royal Family orginally came from Germany. They even changed their royal name to Windsor in 1917. It was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

It was more than bad judgement. He is so stupid he even had to cheat at an Art exam.

Well his Uncle Andrew went to war in the Falklands flying helicopters on sorts of missions, his grandmother was in services during WW2 and drove a truck, Phillip was in the Navy and was in thick of it. One of the Queens Uncles died while flying in the RAF. Do you think that they would stop him going knowing what they do. Now that is not bad record for any family, can yours say as much.

He should not be given any special treatment if his squadron is sent he
should go heck at least he has desire to do his duty for Queen and Country.

headspace said:
I would be intrigued to see a defence for him wearing a Nazi uniform, considering that the Royal Family orginally came from Germany. They even changed their royal name to Windsor in 1917. It was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

Really :?? SAXE-COBUR-GOTHA was the name of the royal Bulgarian family 1887-1943.

Last edited:
warhappy100 said:
He should not be given any special treatment if his squadron is sent he
should go heck at least he has desire to do his duty for Queen and Country.

He shouldn't get any special treatment but he will. When you think about it, it's a smart move. Can you imagine the propaganda coup the insurgents would have if they managed to kill a 'Prince of the infidel'? They'd have a field day with that.

Marinerhodes said:
I had hoped it would be a costume party.

Yeah it was a costume party and has also made a public apology for it as well.

One of my best mates is part of the teaching staff. Harry will be in Cyprus for his final exercise in march

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world...der-danger-zone/2006/02/01/1138590566571.html

Harry to lead patrols in border danger zone

London
February 2, 2006

svHARRY_narrowweb__300x357,0.jpg
Prince Harry: ready for action.
Photo: Reuters

PRINCE Harry is to be sent to Iraq next year as a troop commander and is likely to patrol the hazardous border with Iran, according to British defence sources.
The third in line to the throne will join the army's 1st Mechanised Brigade, which will be deployed to Basra in May 2007.
He has told colleagues that he is determined to go on operations and not be kept out of the line of fire.
Defence chiefs, in consultation with the Prince of Wales' office, will have to devise a plan that will not put his life or those of his troops in greater danger. The media is likely to be asked for co-operation on security aspects of the mission.
The Prince will have the rank of cornet, equivalent to a second lieutenant, in charge of 11 men and four light tanks.
Instructors at Sandhurst are impressed by Prince Harry's approach. "It would be a real shame if the Palace or MoD (Ministry of Defence) did not allow him to go on operations, because he is a cracking officer," a senior officer said.

In my view Harry is the smartest cookie at court after his grandma. In fact, he is not son of Charles as we know. Going to Iraq would be an admirable thing to do and I like that.

Back