"Pride Runs Deep"

bubblehead585

Hello Everyone, this is bubblehead 585. My real name is Pat, and besides being a Submarine Force Veteran, I'm also a Vietnam Vet, 67' 68' in the Gulf of Tonkin, aboard the USS NEWPORT NEWS (CA 148)(Heavy Cruiser). I served on 3 Fast Attack Nuclear Powered submarines, USS SCAMP (SSN 588), USS SKATE (SSN 575), USS SKIPJACK (SSN 585) as a Leading Yeoman, YN1(SS). I'm medically retired now, living in FL and just relaxing. I'm the Chaplain in our local VFW, a Life Member in DAV, and also affiliated with the American Legion, AMVET, Vietnam Veteran's of America, and the U.S. Submarine Veterans. God Bless America and Keep All of Our Troops around the world Out of Harm's Way!:type:

Welcome to the forums bubblehead585. I hope you enjoy your time here. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome Bubblehead 585. I wish I had gotten to do a little travel during my tour, maybe I should have joined the Navy.:(

We have lot of the Vietnam Veterans here. Welcome to the Forums, Bubblehead.

Welcome aboard
Never did understand serving onboard a ship you intentionally sunk ... but ... guess different strokes for different folks. LOL

Looking forward to your posts YoYo. heehee

Chief Bones said:
Never did understand serving onboard a ship you intentionally sunk ... but ... guess different strokes for different folks. LOL
Kind of like being Airborne... jumping out of a perfectly good airplane?

:cool:

Howdy and welcome to the good ole forum. Im sure you'll like it here and have a great time. See ya on the battlefield(political discussions-enter if you dare).:wink:

Back