The price of a soldier

--
Boots

September 22nd, 2004  
captainbuddha

Topic: The price of a soldier

Have you ever calculated how the USA can pay for the 17 million barrels of oil it uses every day?
Iraq is an easy math. Iraq produces, or tries to at least when the pipelines are not blown up, 2 million barrels a day. At $35.- per barrel that is $70,000,000.- per day, is $25,550,000,000.- per year. It is surely cheaper to pay with 1000 men, 17,000 wounded and some military materiel, don't you think? And then to have that oil for the next 100 years, wow, its worth to fight in order to keep SUV's rolling don't you think?Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and Jordan are already in the US pocket, because at least 14 million barrels a day are needed, the US makes a little itself. Math boys, grab your calculators and calculate what you are worth.
September 22nd, 2004  
Trevor

Stop with your "anti-war" campaigne on here. You're not impressing anybody.
September 22nd, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Hmmmmm, seems that only 20% of our oil comes from the Persian Gulf, with only Saudi Arabia being in the top 5. Most of the oil imported to the US is from 3 counties, ALL IN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE!!! CANADA is number 1, with Mexico and Venezuela accounting for the rest. Try using some fact in your posts.....

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/usa.html#oil
--
Boots
September 22nd, 2004  
Redleg

Check your PM Buddha.
September 22nd, 2004  
Sooners1

I gotta go with Trevor on this. I understand everyone has a right to their opinion but it is gonna () upset a lot of people here. How can you, of all, if you are there, say it is all about the oil?
September 22nd, 2004  
Airborne Eagle

Well, I've made at least one calculation as to the worth of a person.
September 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

What is a solider worth? Once again with the anti war rhetoric huh?
You don't have to agree with the reasons nor the conduct of the present campaigns. That is your right.

However your comparing the price of a barrel of oil to what the life of a solider, sailor ,airman , or Marine is worth does a disservice to them and once again is in poor taste.
September 22nd, 2004  
Sooners1

What he said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
However your comparing the price of a barrel of oil to what the life of a solider, sailor ,airman , or Marine is worth does a disservice to them and once again is in poor taste.
September 26th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I would hate to see what would happen if you made that argument infront of a few soldiers who served in Iraq.
September 26th, 2004  
Delta210

Would never happen. His courage only seems to go so far as posting stuff on forums. I take it that while he spouts off all this anti-US, anti-military crap, he lacks the courage of his convictions to say these things to the faces of those he impunes.