Price Range of B.A.R.

Check with your local gun shops. They ought to be able to tell you what the going prices are.

bulldogg said:
Browning Automatic Rifle. Forerunner to the M-60 if I am not mistaken?

Yes, that's it. Browning Automatic Rifle...they are so awesome.

Dtop said:
Check with your local gun shops. They ought to be able to tell you what the going prices are.

What if they can't tell me what the going prices are? Like what if they don't even have one? Where would be a good place to search for one?

First if it's auto you'll need a Class III license. Then you can look at anywhere from 8,000.00 to 12,000 for a legally aquired BAR.

a BAR would so be worth that kind of money. I would love to just know somebudy that has one, just so I could shoot one every now and again, and again and again and again!

:rambo:

03USMC said:
First if it's auto you'll need a Class III license. Then you can look at anywhere from 8,000.00 to 12,000 for a legally aquired BAR.

:shock: That is a heck of a lot of money dude....wow.......Class III license eh? So I assume there is a Class I and Class II license right? Is one of em for rifles? And the other?......?

There are semi-automatic BARS on the market. They run for something like $2,000.00 - $3,000.00. They're fun, but in the end, they're nothing but 20lbs semi-auto .30-06. Fun yes, but expensive! Just like owning a Semi-Auto Browing 1919 Belt Fed Machine Gun.

5.56X45mm said:
There are semi-automatic BARS on the market. They run for something like $2,000.00 - $3,000.00. They're fun, but in the end, they're nothing but 20lbs semi-auto .30-06. Fun yes, but expensive! Just like owning a Semi-Auto Browing 1919 Belt Fed Machine Gun.

$2,000 - $3,000...not bad compared to $8,000 - $12,000. But, yeah, either way, it looks like I'll be saving for a while. :? :lol:

DTop said:

There is an indoor range close to me that rents thompsons, M16s and just about any kind of auto you want but you are closely supervised, the rent is pretty high, and you can eat up a lot of ammo. By the way, you can't leave the range with it.

There are several kinds of federal firearms license; the dealer, pawnbroker, gunsmith, collector, and full auto. Some states will not allow private citizens to own full auto weapons, therefore, if you want to own one, you have to have a class three license. Other states don't care. Basically you find a class three dealer, arrange to buy what you want, he applies to the feds, If approved, it costs you $200.00 for a legal transfer stamp. the gun is then yours legally to do with as wished.
Try getting a Federal collectors license (curios and relics), you can then get live machine guns if they are on the list (most worth having are). i have had a class 6 for 35 years and never had any trouble.
Go to the ATF web site and request info on getting a curio and relic license.
For non americans. Full auto guns, sawn off shotguns, silencers, have been under strict control for 70 years. The only legal MG ever used in a crime was used by a cop to murder his sweetie. State gun laws are a hodge-podge. Washington DC has outlawed pistols totally, although the citizens are rebelling now and Congress might repeal the city ordnance. I live in kansas, here guns are easier to buy than cars. Next Sunday, there is a gun auction 30 miles north of my city. I hope to buy a nice NAZI marked FN 1922 with holster. If I buy it, there is no paperwork of any kind (other than me writing a check for payment). Every state is different.

Back