Press one for English

He's saying exactly the opposite. He's saying that we should all take a little bit of EVERYBODY'S cultures. And to push one culture (like Mexicans forcing Americans to learn Spanish) is wrong.

Exactly you don't come to another country insist it's national anthem be also sung in your native language and then at the same time completely change its meaning...

Insist that everything be in multiple languages just so you don't have to assimilate and then proudly raise your home nations flag above your new ones, I mean then why did you leave?

I'm not saying that everything should be in multiple languages, and how's insisting that we sing or anthem in a different language??

And nobody's forcing anybody to learn a language, though I do think that schools should start teaching children a second language at a young age.

Seriously, there are some schools in Texas, when they do for the Pledge they speak in Spanish, especially, in kindergarten schools. That's just wrong.

but that's just little kids. Can you blame them for not knowing english the instant they get here?

They'll learn english in time, believe me, they can't go through their 12 school years just knowing spanish, its just not going to happen

We had a special program at our school for kids who dont speak english, or they learned it after their first language. it was called "english as a second language (esl class)" and in that class they worked on grammar, pronouciation, and just basic learning about english.

and wouldnt you rather have the kids say it in the language they understand and MEAN what they're saying, or would you rather force them to say it in english and not mean what they're saying?

but that's just little kids. Can you blame them for not knowing english the instant they get here?

They'll learn english in time, believe me, they can't go through their 12 school years just knowing spanish, its just not going to happen

We had a special program at our school for kids who dont speak english, or they learned it after their first language. it was called "english as a second language (esl class)" and in that class they worked on grammar, pronouciation, and just basic learning about english.

and wouldnt you rather have the kids say it in the language they understand and MEAN what they're saying, or would you rather force them to say it in english and not mean what they're saying?

Don't care if they're lil' foreign kids. The Pledge of Allegiance come in English and no foreign languages. Come on, it has only 31 words!

Don't care if they're lil' foreign kids. The Pledge of Allegiance come in English and no foreign languages. Come on, it has only 31 words!

Have you ever tried to memorize something 31 words long in a different language, and recite it??

well Im telling you, when most people memorize something like that, they just memorize the words, not even understanding what they really mean.

Please explain me this:

http://michellemalkin.com/2006/03/29...-comes-second/

http://www.newswithviews.com/Breakin...breaking33.htm

http://www.firecoalition.com/Nowadays.shtml

And sorry bought when divas and celebrities of Latin or Hispanic decent record the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish and charge 10 dollars for the CD, how exactly are they not trying to change anything?

is EVERYONE putting the Mexican flag up. No I don't agree with that, nor do I agree with flying their flag at all. You guys have to understand that not all mexican-americans are doing this. The media only shows one side, and that's to stir up trouble.

I don't agree that they should let Mexicans work for lower wages either, that's just wrong and they need to make a law or do something!!

Now it seems to me that these people are raising the mexican flag, and protesting only near the border?

If all the mexican people in the US were rioting, THAT would be a problem.

and about the CD thing, it's not like they're mocking the anthem, and at least they're not making songs saying that we suck and we should just let them in our borders to take over our country

Have you ever tried to memorize something 31 words long in a different language, and recite it??

well Im telling you, when most people memorize something like that, they just memorize the words, not even understanding what they really mean.

So, what? Too bad, too sad. They should learn English before they come to America.

Donkey, seeing the US flag upside down and above the Mexican flag is really pissing me off. We should let Minutemen, US Border Patrol, and National Guard securing the border no matter what.

so you're saying that it's the words that are important....and not the understanding of what the words mean?

So, what? Too bad, too sad. They should learn English before they come to America.

"give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses..."

not applicable anymore?

Yup we are full sorry, the USA didn't even put that on the statute if you recall it was given to the US...

It's a metaphor, not literally meaning everyone should come live here....

I say we hang up a no vacancy sign, I mean everyone hates the US anyways ;)

Ehh...y'all go ahead let the USA to have full of spanish everywhere you see. I suck at debate. I admit it. I suck at it. lol

I never said we should let them all in, just the ones willing to work hard, learn english, along with some of our culture, and this doesn't mean working for really really low wages!!

Hear, hear. As long as they're willing to assimilate to a degree, as I said before, I don't care where they came from. But when you come to MY country and demand that WE change so YOU don't have to work as hard...I'm more than happy to show you the door/fence/beach where you came from.

Back