President Sends 3.83 Trillion Dollar Budget to Congress

Embedded.....
Quite honestly, it's two different types of work. But I'd wager one of those "fat cats" wouldn't last a week in a less fortunate public school system.
If they had to, they actually could. But why should they? They worked to get to where they are and now they're reaping the benefits of all those years of lost sleep (I sh1t you not, an entry level investment banker will average 2-3 hours of sleep per night if he's doing his stuff... and that's for about 2 years). If their survival depended on it, I bet the fat cats could in fact pull it off. But for investment banking, a teacher without the necessary training couldn't even pretend to do the work.
It's unfortunate but it's true.
Just the same I can't even pretend to be a computer programmer because I just don't have any of the skills.
Just as you can't even pretend to translate a conversation between English and Korean in real time.

Yes, I HAVE read your other posts... And that's why it's kinda bothering me that you're playing Devil's Advocate on the one issue you and I ACTUALLY agree on. I should be having this argument with Chukpike, not you.
I'm not playing devil's advocate. Just telling you how it is. Unfortunate but true. I think a successful education system along with a culture that fosters learning is the key to any society and would in fact solve a lot of society's problems on its own... poverty, crime, disease, etc. I'd argue that you could probably just slash a lot of government aid or spending on these symptoms and throw a chunk of that energy and resource into education which the lack of, is obviously the cause of these problems. I think wages for teachers should be bumped up and job entry and security should be competitive so that only those who actually care about their job could ever hope to survive.
Some posters here argue that Americans are becoming more and more like slaves to large corporations and interest groups. It's an interesting concept.
Knowledge = Power = Freedom.
So how can you ever really have freedom when you don't have much of an education?
But why fix this when all those problems are so profitable?
Privately run prisons... what a joke.

Back