Is President Obama a Jimmy Carter clone? - Page 5




 
--
Boots
 
December 20th, 2009  
alessandro.pirisinu
 
 
Ciao Everybody.

I agree 100% with Wolfen Sir: "...Like him or not he is my president, by the military law that I swore to God to defend even though I do not like him, I WILL defend his right to be president...".

In Italy we like Mr. Obama very much, many people admire him... I'm among those people.
How I hope everyone in Italy would say the same as Wolfen Sir about our president and our Prime Minister and his government. This is the main sign of a mature domocracy: members elected represent the People. After many years, it is still true what JFK said: Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, but...
It'll take a long, long time in Italy to listen to such a speech...

I wish everybody a Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy new Year.

Ciao from Italy

Alex
December 20th, 2009  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro.pirisinu
After many years, it is still true what JFK said: Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, but...
It's highly unlikely JFK could get the Democrat Party nomination today. Today it's How much do I have to give you to make you keep voting me into office? JFk's positions are simular to Lieberman's, & they've practicly run him out of the Party.
December 21st, 2009  
03USMC
 
 
JFK was anti-communist. The current POTUS appoints communists as czars in his administration.
--
Boots
December 21st, 2009  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
JFK was anti-communist. The current POTUS appoints communists as czars in his administration.
USMC03, why do you keep mentioning communism? The cold war is over, and there are no more communists, not even in Russia. All we have a bunch of 2-bit thugs calling their governments communist to avoid the stigma of being labeled dictatorships (which is what they really are), they have NOTHING to do with actual communism. You can stick a fork in communism its DONE, and its as popular as the bubonic plague.

But I'd be curious for you to name which "czar" is a communist.

George

JFK wouldnt be a Democrat today? That's funny because his entire family has stayed Democrat since his death. His brothers carried forth his ideology. His entire family is the center of Liberalism, Ted Kennedy name was the "Liberal Lion". The fact is JFK was the founder of modern day liberalism much like Reagan was to conservatism.

Just because he was Anti-Communist doesnt mean he would be a Republican. By that rationale FDR, Truman, and LBJ would be Republicans too.
December 21st, 2009  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
USMC03, why do you keep mentioning communism? The cold war is over, and there are no more communists, not even in Russia. All we have a bunch of 2-bit thugs calling their governments communist to avoid the stigma of being labeled dictatorships (which is what they really are), they have NOTHING to do with actual communism. You can stick a fork in communism its DONE, and its as popular as the bubonic plague.

But I'd be curious for you to name which "czar" is a communist.

George

JFK wouldnt be a Democrat today? That's funny because his entire family has stayed Democrat since his death. His brothers carried forth his ideology. His entire family is the center of Liberalism, Ted Kennedy name was the "Liberal Lion". The fact is JFK was the founder of modern day liberalism much like Reagan was to conservatism.

Just because he was Anti-Communist doesnt mean he would be a Republican. By that rationale FDR, Truman, and LBJ would be Republicans too.
Didn't say he wouldn't be a Dem, just he wouldn't get nominated for Prez. The Czar who said "Republicans were A$$holes" a while back was a self proclamed Communist.
December 21st, 2009  
Zastava-Arms
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
As far as how I feel about Obama, Like him or not he is my president, by the military law that I swore to God to defend even though I do not like him, I WILL defend his right to be president.
He's not Black or white democrat or republican, muslim or christian, he's a politician, just like every single other suit wearing pocket lining liar in DC.
Holy baloney, batman!


Some of you people could probably learn something from that, not just ***** about Obama every time you get the chance.


Quote:
USMC03, why do you keep mentioning communism? The cold war is over, and there are no more communists, not even in Russia. All we have a bunch of 2-bit thugs calling their governments communist to avoid the stigma of being labeled dictatorships (which is what they really are), they have NOTHING to do with actual communism. You can stick a fork in communism its DONE, and its as popular as the bubonic plague.

But I'd be curious for you to name which "czar" is a communist.
Its kind of typical; Blame everything on Communists.

I disagree with a fair few stuff there, there are still craploads of Communists in Russia. Hell, they always hold demonstrations in Moscow/Leningrad, but they usually get their ass kicked by OMON. Same goes for other countries, there are loads of Communists everywhere. I got a fair few Communist friends in Britain, even.

I agree with the "Communism is done" bit though, doesnt look like it will be coming around anytime soon. But then again, it was never around in the first place...


Quote:
The Czar who said "Republicans were A$$holes" a while back was a self proclamed Communist.
What? No Tzar was a Communist. For all the logic of that, you might aswell claim that the former apartheid regime in SA was anti-racist and that Saddam Hussein is a liberal.
December 21st, 2009  
mmarsh
 
 
Zastava-Arms

I was talking about as a credible political organization, yes there are holdouts in Russia, but then again there are a few Nazi holdouts as well hiding around the world.
December 21st, 2009  
alessandro.pirisinu
 
 
Dear Friends,

really I cannot understand what 03USMC Sir wrote: "The current POTUS appoints communists as czars in his administration"... and I'm pleased that
mmarsh Sir reminds us all that there are no more communist.

Maybe, mmarsh Sir and I agree because we're both european: we know what disaster communism was.

All Europe surely and firmly rejects communism and it's true what mmarsh Sir wrote: " why do you keep mentioning communism? The cold war is over, and there are no more communists, not even in Russia".

What I'd like to say, in particular to 03USMC Sir is: when the Berlin Wall fell down, Communism ended; in Europe and in the whole world we hoped it was the start of a new, peaceful, global order... after 20 years it seems to me that our efforts have been pointed toward finding new enemies; it seems to me that (incredible to say) we need some "walls", more profound and more lasting than a wall made of stone.

I can't get this: in Italy we have the government led by the (more or less) conservative party. If somebody don't agree with government's line or opinion, then they are despised as "communists". When the goverment was led by the Democratic, it was the same: those who didn't agree were "fascists".

Now, in the USA, you've got a great president. An unprecedent era of freedom and can be started. Wars can be ended, all over the world...
and I'm sure USA again will show the whole world how it's true what Lincoln said: "...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

But, in order to achieve this, everyone is needed, everyone is important: that's why I quoted JFK. I'm important. What I don't do, no else is gonna doing it.

If you american (or we italian or european) keep on going the old way "those who don't have my same thoughts are my enemies", then I'm sorry to say there will never be a President or a government of any party that can possibly reach results that last.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone: I'm not american and I have my point of view... but I think it's time in our lives to start something new and something better.

With respect
Alex
December 21st, 2009  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro.pirisinu
Dear Friends,

really I cannot understand what 03USMC Sir wrote: "The current POTUS appoints communists as czars in his administration"... and I'm pleased that
mmarsh Sir reminds us all that there are no more communist.

Maybe, mmarsh Sir and I agree because we're both european: we know what disaster communism was.

All Europe surely and firmly rejects communism and it's true what mmarsh Sir wrote: " why do you keep mentioning communism? The cold war is over, and there are no more communists, not even in Russia".

What I'd like to say, in particular to 03USMC Sir is: when the Berlin Wall fell down, Communism ended; in Europe and in the whole world we hoped it was the start of a new, peaceful, global order... after 20 years it seems to me that our efforts have been pointed toward finding new enemies; it seems to me that (incredible to say) we need some "walls", more profound and more lasting than a wall made of stone.

I can't get this: in Italy we have the government led by the (more or less) conservative party. If somebody don't agree with government's line or opinion, then they are despised as "communists". When the goverment was led by the Democratic, it was the same: those who didn't agree were "fascists".

Now, in the USA, you've got a great president. An unprecedent era of freedom and can be started. Wars can be ended, all over the world...
and I'm sure USA again will show the whole world how it's true what Lincoln said: "...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

But, in order to achieve this, everyone is needed, everyone is important: that's why I quoted JFK. I'm important. What I don't do, no else is gonna doing it.

If you american (or we italian or european) keep on going the old way "those who don't have my same thoughts are my enemies", then I'm sorry to say there will never be a President or a government of any party that can possibly reach results that last.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone: I'm not american and I have my point of view... but I think it's time in our lives to start something new and something better.

With respect
Alex
Actually Alessandro, I'm American, I just live in Paris. The reason I tell you this is that you prospective is probably even greater than mine. I do agree with you the Europeans know best of what a disaster Communism was, far better than Americans do because they actually had to live under it.

And don't feel bad about expressing you point of view, that's what we are all here for and if anyone cant handle your opinion that's their tough luck. Besides an opinion from a true European is a change of pace here.

Getting back to Obama, Obama is ahelluva lot better than what we got finished with, but hes not perfect. I voted for him, and I do it again but I must say I have been slightly disappointed because he did not reverse many of the worst decisions made by the previous administration.

The other complaint I have against Obama is that he always wants to negotiate, he has never taken a firm stance on anything so far, his Healthcare bill being a prime example. He basically negiociated everything until there was nothing left. Its a shame too because hes got all the characteristics of a great president (Charisma, Intelligence, the desire to help people) he just doesnt have any fortitude to resist opposition. Americans do not respect being timid as a leadership quality.
December 22nd, 2009  
03USMC
 
 
Van Jones former "Green Czar" and self proclaimed Communist who was loudly defended by the former press czar who looks to Mao for inspiration.

Two bit thugs? So anyone that does not agree with the current policies of the current administration is a two bit thug? I thought that dissent was patriotic? Didn't the current sec of state opine that during the last adiministration..guess that only flows one way. Kinda of like the Senator today who said opponets of obamacare were aryans. Or Ried who opined that opponets of obamacare were akin to opponets of abolition.

Or the AG who's law firm threw up roadblocks to trying of Gitmo detainees and is now trying to fake the funk and cry about the length of time they have been detained.

News flash.

I have to respect the office......not the politican filling it.

I have to obey lawful orders.

I do not have to agree with nor support policies that come out of that office.

I do not have to take what escapes is lips as the word of God.

I have the right (for now) to disagree and to voice my disagreement within reason.

I have the right to vote for and support any candidate or sitting offical I chose and to actively support any candidate who runs against a sitting offical from dog catcher to POTUS.

I am not required to blindly and quitely accept all policies and edicts without question. He is not the dear leader he is an elected offical.

These rights are granted me by the Constitution, as long as that document remains in effect I will excercise my rights under it.
 


Similar Topics
Obama Calls GMA On Visiting Forces Agreement
Obama Team To Descend On Federal Agencies
If Obama Wins
A Failed Former President
What was said on the 3rd presidential debate.