Is President Obama a Jimmy Carter clone? - Page 4




 
--
Boots
 
December 19th, 2009  
03USMC
 
 
IMHO the present POTUS makes smilin Jimmy look like freakin political genius.
December 19th, 2009  
Rob Henderson
 
 
I'm so glad President Obama has been given a fair chance at his turn as POTUS. It really makes me happy that Republicans are able to see past their hatred of the left and give someone the opportunity to make something good happen, even if they didn't come up with the idea.

[/sarcasm]
December 19th, 2009  
03USMC
 
 
Number one I'm not a registered Republican I think they are as farked up as the Democrats.

I happen to be a conservative by nature and will support any candidate who reflects my values regardless of party..and have.

Number two...It ain't about party. It's about a worldwide apology tour, dithering on troop numbers, a friendly hand to those who hate us..thus giving an aura of weakness and cooking the books on domestic success of stimulas and the unemployment rate.

Number three he talks a good game but his results don't make it.
--
Boots
December 19th, 2009  
Rob Henderson
 
 
Point being that he's been in office for ALMOST a year now. I'm assuming you voted for Bush both terms, which means you were willing to give him EIGHT YEARS for his results to "make it." I'm just asking for the same courtesy to be shown another candidate.


PS, even if you only voted for Bush the first time, you gave him 4 years... Obama deserves the same respect.
December 19th, 2009  
senojekips
 
 
All I can say to those Bush supporters who are giving Obama a hard time because he hasn't righted the wrongs that occurred during their administration.

"Your lot pushed Humpty Dumpty off the wall,... It's not right that you should abuse the crash repairer because he cannot immediately put him back together again".
December 19th, 2009  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
All I can say to those Bush supporters who are giving Obama a hard time because he hasn't righted the wrongs that occurred during their administration.

"Your lot pushed Humpty Dumpty off the wall,... It's not right that you should abuse the crash repairer because he cannot immediately put him back together again".
Other than starting the Iraq War, Bush & the Republican controlled Congress(6 Years) got them selves into trouble by spending like Democrats. You don't solve the problem of Republicans spending like Democrats by replacing them with real Democrats, it just allowed the fire hose of spending to go wide open with an excuse of solving problems(don't let a crisis go unexploited) as the reason for the spending orgy. Obama talked a moderate position during the capaign, along with meaningless slogans like "change you can believe in", but had the Media done thier job of reaserching him instead of promoting him his record of way Left (for the US) associations, comments, voting records, & comments in his book would have shown his Moderate positions wern't bases on history. He & this adoring Media friends hoodwinked the voters. The whackos he appointed to Czar positions puts light on his real positions. To many of us on the Right his anticapitalist outlook is dangerous to America as we know it.
December 19th, 2009  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Number one I'm not a registered Republican I think they are as farked up as the Democrats.

I happen to be a conservative by nature and will support any candidate who reflects my values regardless of party..and have.

Number two...It ain't about party. It's about a worldwide apology tour, dithering on troop numbers, a friendly hand to those who hate us..thus giving an aura of weakness and cooking the books on domestic success of stimulas and the unemployment rate.

Number three he talks a good game but his results don't make it.
It's about a worldwide apology tour

Is that so bad? Showing the world a little humility is a good thing in my book. The fact is the Bush Administration treated much of the world very badly, especially countries in Europe which had always been friendly to us. Trying to mend international relations by acting humble only helps us. Being humble and trying to mend fences is not a sign of cowardice. The worse thing we can do is start acting like the international prick again.

dithering on troop numbers

Oh come on, how can you possibly accuse Obama on this? Bush didnt raise the troop level in Afghanistan the entire eight years he was in office. Obama ordered a full military assement (something else Bush didn't do) in April and Ordered 30,000 (+7000 additional troops he managed to get from Europe, a third thing Bush didnt manage to do). Incidently this is case in point of why showing alittle humilty is a good thing, other countries tend to want to help you out more. And all of this he did within his first 10 months in office. The arguement that he "dithered" on troops has absolutely no merit, they real culprit is Dick Cheney.

A friendly hand to those who hate us?


As opposed to what? starting another war? That didnt work out so well the last time we tried it, and who knows maybe it will work? Its too early to start making judgements. One things for sure, nobody wants anymore military escalation, espicially those in the USA. I think we could use a break from War.

cooking the books on domestic success of stimulas and the unemployment


First of all, the economic crisis wasnt his fault, he inherited it. Second hes only been in office 11 months and it will take at least 24 months for the situation to improve. Third of all, he isnt cooking the books, the indicators are actually better, unemployment is still high but thats going to take time. During the election, Obama made the point of not promising overnight success, some of our many problems is going to take along time to fix. I think the problem is that your expectations are completely unrealistic.
December 19th, 2009  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Other than starting the Iraq War, Bush & the Republican controlled Congress(6 Years) got them selves into trouble by spending like Democrats. You don't solve the problem of Republicans spending like Democrats by replacing them with real Democrats, it just allowed the fire hose of spending to go wide open with an excuse of solving problems(don't let a crisis go unexploited) as the reason for the spending orgy. Obama talked a moderate position during the capaign, along with meaningless slogans like "change you can believe in", but had the Media done thier job of reaserching him instead of promoting him his record of way Left (for the US) associations, comments, voting records, & comments in his book would have shown his Moderate positions wern't bases on history. He & this adoring Media friends hoodwinked the voters. The whackos he appointed to Czar positions puts light on his real positions. To many of us on the Right his anticapitalist outlook is dangerous to America as we know it.
Their problem as far as I can see had nothing whatsoever to do with their spending. It was the lying warmongering NeoCon driven agenda that had the world looking over their shoulders.
December 19th, 2009  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Their problem as far as I can see had nothing whatsoever to do with their spending. It was the lying warmongering NeoCon driven agenda that had the world looking over their shoulders.
Maybe had the world looking...but it the voters that count. The voters were upset with big spending, big govt. Republicans. The democrats took control of Congress by running Conservative to Moderate Dems to the Right of the big govt Republicans & the voters with short memories, voted in the Dems. Though all spending starts in Congress they did nothing to slow spending( They're Democrats, after all) & blamed Busg for the spending. Then Obama sounded very moderate in the campaign luring independents & moderates to vote Dem. while many annoyed republicans sat out the election or voted Libertarian. The Iraq War brought down Bush's popularity numbers, but it was spending/economy that was the main issue.
December 20th, 2009  
wolfen
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
I'm so glad President Obama has been given a fair chance at his turn as POTUS. It really makes me happy that Republicans are able to see past their hatred of the left and give someone the opportunity to make something good happen, even if they didn't come up with the idea.

[/sarcasm]

So......................when is something good going to happen?
At first I wanted McCain, Yea I voted for Bush twice, but I voted for Reagan twice too, I voted for bush the second time cause I don't believe a single word his opposition said. As far as how I feel about Obama, Like him or not he is my president, by the military law that I swore to God to defend even though I do not like him, I WILL defend his right to be president.
He's not Black or white democrat or republican, muslim or christian, he's a politician, just like every single other suit wearing pocket lining liar in DC.




Disclaimer:
No political party implied, no single person implied,no race,creed or color implied, just a total generalization of the govt that has lost its perspective on what is good for the American people
 


Similar Topics
Obama Calls GMA On Visiting Forces Agreement
Obama Team To Descend On Federal Agencies
If Obama Wins
A Failed Former President
What was said on the 3rd presidential debate.