President Bush

Redneck

This is a great example of why I'm so proud of our President and Commander in Chief:

In a moment largely unnoticed by the throngs of people in Lebanon waiting for autographs from the president of the United States, George W. Bush stopped to hold a teenager's head close to his heart.
Lynn Faulkner, his daughter, Ashley, and their neighbor, Linda Prince, eagerly waited to shake the president's hand Tuesday at the Golden Lamb Inn. He worked the line at a steady campaign pace, smiling, nodding and signing autographs until Prince spoke:
"This girl lost her mom in the World Trade Center on 9-11."
Bush stopped and turned back.
"He changed from being the leader of the free world to being a father, a husband and a man," Faulkner said. "He looked right at her and said, 'How are you doing?' He reached out with his hand and pulled her into his chest."
Faulkner snapped one frame with his camera.
"I could hear her say, 'I'm OK,' " he said. "That's more emotion than she has shown in 21/2 years. Then he said, 'I can see you have a father who loves you very much.' "
"And I said, 'I do, Mr. President, but I miss her mother every day.' It was a special moment."
Special for Lynn Faulkner because the Golden Lamb was the place he and his wife, Wendy Faulkner, celebrated their anniversary every year until she died in the south tower of the World Trade Center, where she had traveled for business.
The day was also special for Ashley, a 15-year-old Mason High School student, because the visit was reminiscent of a trip she took four years ago with her mother and Prince. They spent all afternoon in the rain waiting to see Bush on the campaign trail. Ashley remembers holding her mother's hand, eating Triscuits she packed and bringing along a book in case she got bored.
But this time was different. She understood what the president was saying, and she got close enough to see him face to face.
"The way he was holding me, with my head against his chest, it felt like he was trying to protect me," Ashley said. "I thought, 'Here is the most powerful guy in the world, and he wants to make sure I'm safe.' I definitely had a couple of tears in my eyes, which is pretty unusual for me."
The photo has been circulating across the country, Faulkner said. Relatives have passed it on to friends, bosses and acquaintances. As they tell the story, they also share in Wendy Faulkner's legacy, which her family continues through the Wendy Faulkner Memorial Children's Foundation.
"I'm a pretty cynical and jaded guy at this point in my life," Faulkner said of the moment with the president. "But this was the real deal. I was really impressed. It was genuine and from the heart."

-Kristina Goetz in the Cincinnati Enquirer, May 6, 2004.

Thats why he is the one.

matrix-bush2.jpg

Yeah, but Bush ain't doing anything to cut these deficites. If this continues........................ :?

You got an argument to make there, Sam? How about making it instead of repeating a buzzword.

Bush is the best for the military, but bad for industry.
On the other hand Kerry is bad for military, but good for the industry.
So I'm my self alittle confused :?

Ok, Sam, first, you're off-topic, and second, if you want to make a claim/conclusion/point about something or someone, you need to put some more thought into it and lay out EXACTLY why you think that way, preferably with some facts (with sources) to back that position up.

If you want to continue with this, please start another thread.

Was this (the story) in the news? It'd be nice if the news would cover more things like this and not just "# soldiers killed today in recent violence". I seen another story about President Bush in either Soldiers magazine or Army Times I forgot which since it was a small article but to me was big news. When President Bush made a surprise visit to Iraq on Thanksgiving, there was a story the news media decided not to cover or it got 5 seconds of fame. Pres. Bush visited an army hospital and a soldier was wrapped in bandages and unconscious. This great man who leads the United States went to his bedside, held his hand and prayed for that soldier. He prayed for 5 - 10 minutes and his aides were telling him they had other places to go, yet President Bush said this was where he needed to be and to change his itenerary. By chance had anyone else seen that story? I didnt see it on the "unbiased" news but in a military news publication. I've seen so many stories in the Soldiers magazine and Army Times that they covered but where were these stories in the civilian media? Stories like these and the soldier who lost his legs in Iraq and asked President Bush if he'd go for a run with him when he was able...and he did it too.

To Uncle_Sam: How is he bad for industry? Because of low markets and unemployment? Let me remind you of an attack that hit a major financial nerve of the United States which had many extremely large corporations nearing bankruptcy if it hadnt been for federal loan guarantee's which helped them out. The stock market dropped lower than black monday, yet now look where the stock market is. It exceeded pre 9/11 levels and is steadily getting stronger. Republicans always look after the military. Not to say Democrats havent but our last President was a democrat and had the oppurtunity to apprehend Osama Bin Laden, if Im not mistaken. Look at quality of life for soldiers and their families while a democrat is in office and when a Republican is in office. President Bush even pushed for a 18% pay raise when he took office to try to catch up the gap between military and civilian pay gaps. I believe he got 5.5% that year which is better than the usual 2.2%. In 1993, 18 servicemembers died and over 70 wounded. Where was the armor support? We had to use Pakistani armor because ours was nowhere to be found due to it portraying a "high profile" and giving the "wrong image" Republicans who sent the troops said this, but at the time it was a humanitarian mission. When you plan on submitting troops to combat, you need to remember Richard Marcinko's 7 P's to any op (which I have put in the mottos section, if you'd like to know what they are ;) ) The last 3 P's werent committed by the troops, but by the suits.

Just a little info, and feel free to reply, but this contains no flamage, and plz return the favor. :)

Well Redneck I for one really appreciate you posting that story. I voted for Bush the first time and I'm gonna vote for DA MAN again. I think he is one of the best presidents we've had in a long time. I'm not gonna get on a soapbox so thats all I have to say. Thank you

You're welcome, 11bravo, and I hear you there, I don't think there's any real doubt in anyone's mind here who I'm voting for. :lol:

And soldierzhonor, I remember reading that story somewhere, too (can't remember where either), should be able to find it on the internet though.

hehehe thats classic. Now for a Lord of the Rings one with "Return of the Prez" for a reelection one ;)

Shouldnt be too hard for The President to be reelected. Kerry cant even find someone to run with him...which makes it that much easier I hope for Bush to give us 4 more.

I have refused to see Farenheit 9/11 because I am not willing to give the Michael Moore $7 of my hard earned money. I will only see it at the dollar theater on half off tuesdays.

Has anyone else find it disturbing that HAMAS has publicly said that it would help distribute Farenheit 9/11 in the Middle East?

Did You hear about that new book of his?
"White Fools"
I HATE HIM!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back