President Bush initiates Stop Loss

XARMYSGT

i heard on the radio today that President Bush has initiated a Stop Loss on the soldiers in Iraq & Afghanistan. For those that don't know, a stop loss is an INvoluntary extention in which the soldiers that were due to get out of the military while in Iraq or Afghanistan have to wait until their unit's rotation is over and then 90 days after they return to the states.

what are your thoughts on this?

I think It's a good thing in the long run, although Im sure some of you Vets probobly are a little ticked (I apologize, but we need to finish what we started) Then again I not one of those guys down in that shit storm, so my opinion really doesnt carry much weight.

I'm sure that I would have been pretty pissed if this was happening to me...

Many of the soldiers down there have been there several months in a row, without the possibility to see their family and loved ones.

I can partly understand that they have to wait untill their rotation is over, but why 90 more days??

Admittedly this is coming from a much less well-educated position on the subject than several of you might have, but I believe that it is a good, even if a hard, idea, in that it will prevent what happened with our troops' training and experience deficit in Vietnam from hurting us again.

if i remember correctly Saddam was captured, right? wasn't that 90% of the mission in Iraq? the other 10% being take him out of power?

Mission Accomplished. Let them get their government started and then send our troops back home where they belong. there is no need for stop losses and units to rotate in and out of there.

this is only MY opinion, i am no longer in the Military and i don't keep up on this stuff as much as i need to. I would also like to know what happened to being focused on Afghanistan and Ossama? did he become a secondary mission or what?

if i remember correctly Saddam was captured, right? wasn't that 90% of the mission in Iraq? the other 10% being take him out of power?

Actually your liberals will argue it was 50/50 with Saddam and WMDs, which by the way we have discovered numerouse evidence of, but the damn media friken covers it up.

Well i was caught in a stop loss in 90/91 when desert storm was gettin going..IMHO

You singed on the dotted line when you joined,you said the oath if/when you enlisted..guess you have to deal with it..

Si6

si6 said:
Well i was caught in a stop loss in 90/91 when desert storm was gettin going..IMHO

You singed on the dotted line when you joined,you said the oath if/when you enlisted..guess you have to deal with it..

Si6

I guess you may not like it but you have to agree. Anyways, it might be a good move on the strategic level. War is crap, but sometimes you have to make it, you know. Oh god i'm sounding like an idiot sorry people.

I remember that too si6. They told us all that we were in "for the duration of the conflict".

This also includes all soldiers in units within 90 days of deployment to Afganistan and Iraq as well as those in units that have just returned form deployments.

When I raised my hand and swore to protect and defend the consititution, I knew this was part of the deal. Right now, anyone in the US Armed Forces is either:

1. Deployed to a hostile area.

2. Has just returned.

3. Awaiting deployment - right away or in the near future.

And that's the deal - those who are faint of heart or lacking in conviction need not apply.

Back