I present to you... the future that will take care of us.

This is what bothers me. America is so easy to beat. Just sit back and watch America destroy itself.

Sad but I'm beginning to think that it's true.

Values are going.

It's never the criminals fault, it's parents, or society, or he didn't get breast fed or he didn't get a pony for his 6th birthday or someone bruised his self worth. So now instead of making the criminals responsible for their actions we end up coddling them.

Same with our kids. The junior high here has a policy that everyone makes the sports teams no matter what. The high school has now bent to pressure from the mommies and daddies and will adopt that policy next year. Whatever happened to you tried out and if you suck you don't make the team? Oh no can't stunt their self worth.

Then you've got "social advancement" . Kids dumb as a box of rocks, couldn't spell cat if you spotted him a c and a t....but passes thru school because it might socially stunt him. Gimmie a break! Hey Timmy learn it or be the only 16 year old in 4th grade.

So - any solutions folk? Do we need to nurture different kinds of politicians with different approaches to these biggest problems? Old school perhaps? Should we be more careful, more outspoken, about who we want to vote for? Why were our grandfathers able to deal with it? Ol' time religion or what?:whip:

IMHO We need to get away from the "everyone is entitled" school of thought and the idea that the Goverment should be mommy and daddy to everyone.

Get back to a work ethic and a sense of responsibilty and demand the same from our elected leaders (most of whom I wouldn't follow to free keg of beer.....and I like beer)

I buy all of that. It seems that our previous generations dealt with this to a remarkable degree.

It seems that we reckon we deal with our own children to nurture good citizens etc.

SO - what about the others ?? What is the key? Did we have it and cast it away? How do we put it back in position?

See, I'm full of the questions ain't I.

5- point plans, anyone??

It's time for us to look in the mirror and take the blame for our own apathy. I know that I for one, just stood back and allowed the vocal minority to run away with my rights and the administration of common sense.

My excuse was that, at the time, I thought their arguments were so wacky that they would be stillborn, unfortunately it seems everyone else thought the same.

I can't really see myself in a streetmarch waving a placard, so I guess I'm like everyone else and I'm hoping that one day the legislators will will wake up that this Political correctness is killing the country. Until then, it appears we'll just have to put up with it.

It's time for us to look in the mirror and take the blame for our own apathy. I know that I for one, just stood back and allowed the vocal minority to run away with my rights and the administration of common sense.

My excuse was that, at the time, I thought their arguments were so wacky that they would be stillborn, unfortunately it seems everyone else thought the same.

I can't really see myself in a streetmarch waving a placard, so I guess I'm like everyone else and I'm hoping that one day the legislators will will wake up that this Political correctness is killing the country. Until then, it appears we'll just have to put up with it.

Hehe yes we used to have a vote on prohibition every election and through the years it became a standing joke that people would vote for it because it would never get the majority so it was a way of making fun of the process, then one year it got 42% of the vote and was promptly withdrawn from the ballot.

I really don't think political correctness comes into the equation I think it is more an example of the squeaky hinge gets the oil, for the most part these laws get through because of a vocal minority of busy bodies who think that legislation can replace personal responsibility.

I agree that a political reformation is the only way this will ever be stopped, but until people stop voting for the same party they have voted for since time began or who can spend the most money, kiss the most babies and spouts the most rhetoric and start looking at what each of them individually stands for nothing will change.

Sad but I'm beginning to think that it's true.

Values are going.

It's never the criminals fault, it's parents, or society, or he didn't get breast fed or he didn't get a pony for his 6th birthday or someone bruised his self worth. So now instead of making the criminals responsible for their actions we end up coddling them.

Same with our kids. The junior high here has a policy that everyone makes the sports teams no matter what. The high school has now bent to pressure from the mommies and daddies and will adopt that policy next year. Whatever happened to you tried out and if you suck you don't make the team? Oh no can't stunt their self worth.

Then you've got "social advancement" . Kids dumb as a box of rocks, couldn't spell cat if you spotted him a c and a t....but passes thru school because it might socially stunt him. Gimmie a break! Hey Timmy learn it or be the only 16 year old in 4th grade.

Something given for free has no value.
And you wonder why our generation has a problem with depression.
Well why stop here at sports teams? Let's say I want to be a doctor but I have the IQ of a tomato. Preventing me from being a doctor would cause irreversible damage to my ego and would humiliate me to the point of turning to violence.
It's a form of communism where the laziest, stupidest and most incompetent are the only winners.
The ones who started it were those who were lousy parents and couldn't admit the fact that they sucked so they had to blame everyone else. The government, other parents for being better parents than they... you name it. Then there are those morons who side with whoever seems weak at that point in time.
There is an obsession in Hollywood it seems of making movies where the team that has their s*it together has something seriously wrong with them and the loser team is the team that's right and they manage to pull off a major victory by fooling around, playing and giving emotional speeches.
Pisses me off.
I also think that sometimes we've gone off the deep end. This is really could be the end of the line.
People always expect the end to be dramatic... some kind of war, some kind of huge disaster but in reality the real dangers are the ones you don't even know are happening. It just gradually picks up momentum without anyone noticing and by the time people notice it's too late.

The next step:
Everyone turns their baby into the government raising centers. This way, the government can protect the children from their parents.

Last edited:
it's the exact same in england.

criminals etc protected, everyone else left to fend for themselves. If you don't mind me using one of my examples...:

I was bullied a lot in junior school, and i never quite knew how to word a response that would put the bullies down. So instead, i'd hit out. When i went to high school, the exact same thing happened. People bullied me still. So again, i'd lash out more and more. But instead of the bullies getting punished, i'd get a two-week exclusion each time, and the bullies would get a telling off off a deputy head. So that treatment, led to me (a pretty clever kid, as all my teachers told me), being demoralised and generally crushed. They'd ask me why i wouldn't go to the teacher etc, but when i did go to a teacher, either nothing'd happen or it would get worse. So i got to mistrust the system.

But now, when the ability to lash out would be really helpful, it's very carefully locked away because of several psychologists etc. Aparently i have something wrong with me for hitting people who verbally abuse me, steal my stuff, shove me in corridors etc.

Now, expand that to the whole country. Those that steal your stuff, attack you etc get pretty decent treatment in prison. I mean, when a prisoner is coming out and saying "it's too soft in there", you really do know it's too soft. But woe betide you if you dare stand up for yourself.

I buy all of that. It seems that our previous generations dealt with this to a remarkable degree.

It seems that we reckon we deal with our own children to nurture good citizens etc.

SO - what about the others ?? What is the key? Did we have it and cast it away? How do we put it back in position?

See, I'm full of the questions ain't I.

5- point plans, anyone??

Here's Padre's:

1. If you don't have a strong commanding intimidating voice that successfully corrects and scolds without the need for physical correction then use your hand on their bottom.

2. If your hand is not functioning then use a wooden spoon.

3. If you are without a wooden spoon then use your belt.

4. if you have no belt then find a cane.

5. If you have no cane then apply a foot.

Apparently the above 5 point plan has worked for centuries. :shoothea:

A spokesman today said that 'the Government has done all it can to prevent knife crime - now it is up to the public! ' Some government!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/45682/Violent-Britain-has-torn-my-family-apart

Apparently the killer wa involved in mobile phone stealing and attacked his victims with a knife in each hand. He was not alone.

english9149.jpg

I can assure you that that 1900 scenario was true. Right up to the 1950's from 1900 footpads (robbers on the steets) were non-existent. They had been wiped out in the 19th century by severe penalties. The streets of London were safe, but still the police were careful stop and searchers, 'what have you got in that bag son?' Us kids knew that we could walk safely alone all over London, including the little backroads of the city and of east London - and I did, because I loved soaking up the atmosphere of
those historic streets, and it was my town!

The change came at the time of immigration from West Indies, I am sorry to say, when we imported thereby a crime previously unknown to us, even the name was unknown to us - "mugging" - robbery on the streets. We would never have believed that such a thing could happen here.

So I have to buy the sentiments of your post 5.56, in this case.

If you accept bad behaviour - what you get is bad behaviour. Serious violent crime , regardless of all other considerations, requires to be met by seriously frightening sentences.

I adhere to the principle that you know the score - so when you do the crime you choose to sentence yourself - do not blame anyone else.

Back