Preperation for the ADF

Axon

Hi everyone,
i recently passed the test for the ADF (Officer), however i have to wait to do the next stage (assesment) for a few months until the ADF receives the new job quota for the position i am applying for as there are currently no positions available for Psychologist's in the Army. So i figure that because i have a few months of being in limbo in the recruitment process, is there anything i can be doing to help be better prepared for assesment & later OSB? I know this is a very generalalised question, but i want to be as best prepared for the next step(s) as i possibly can. I know i need to research the job i am applying for, structure of the forces, curent affairs, talk to people etc etc etc, but is there anything else a potential recruit can be doing to be as best prepared as possible? If any advice can be given would be very much appreciated

Cheers :)

Last edited:
I think the best thing you can do is get into a regular exercise program. Lots of running, swimming and weight resistance training. Everyone who i know who has been to recruit camp has said that they wished they did more of that. I too am joining the ADF in a month or two (General Entry).

From W.A. I "officially" cannot join until the end of the year, as they only employ Psychologists as Graduates, which i will be at the end of the year. So i want to be as best prepared for the next steps (assesment & OSB) as i possibly can be as i have plenty of time to prepare. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Drunk Ants's advice above is very good.

I would only add that you should contact Kapooka or Duntroon's psychological departments and get some advice from them. They might recommend someone to chat to, books or references to read, that sort of thing.

Hope you make it - best wishes.

Back