Pre-Basic Training Jitters

AB_Shorts_Momma

Milforum Otaku
I am less than 6-weeks out until I leave for BCT. I still am having trouble with my run. I now am thinking, "what have I gotten myself into" and "am I too old (39 yrs) for this"

I'm sure it's just jitters, but...

Well if you don´t trust your running times, just work on them? You got six weeks left..

All you have is jitters?
Girl don't worry, I'm not afraid of anything alive or dead and I was scared to go to basic :)

Thanks for all of the encouragement!

I had a lung infection for 2 months this year which killed my run. I was at 10:38 (just 8 seconds over in Jan before I got sick). I did 3 miles today, and it took me almost 37 min. Lots of work for me to do, but my plan is to run daily.

I did my situps today just over the min for my age to pass basic. I will continue to work on them.

I'm only 10 pushups from 100% for my age, but again I'll continue to work on them.

Just remember this old man here can run 1.5 in about 9.63, (last week playing with friends from dam Neck)
If I can do it at 45 with a bad back, you can do it :)

Dont worry. You are lightyears ahead of most of the people you will be going with. Besides, basic training is supposed to get the weak out of you. That doesnt mean quit trying. ALWAYS do your best. The time you dont, you will regret it.

Listen to my friend KJ, he wont steer you wrong.

Back