Prayers for my mom, please.

AZ - You are a credit to your mother, she would be so proud of the manner in which you have dealt with your grief and appreciation of her endeavours.
Respect and condolences from us here to you there, we will remember you all in our prayers.

RIP Theresa Diane

Last edited:
Maybe not right now AZ, but in the near future, I strongly recommend grievance counseling, even better and more powerful if you do both, personal alone and yes, also with a group with fellow mourners who have lost loved ones recently. Very helpful.
God Bless. Be strong. Being strong, does not mean absence of weeping either, this is a mistake some sometimes make. It takes strength to let the emotions go.
Their is is support (besides just here) out there for you, go get some.

I am sure you have already been looking into this but just in case, don't forget to make proper arrangements. Hopefully, the VA could help you and I would assume quite a bit.

If all else fails, my dad's the NG Chapter President for the VA here in Alabama... I'd be more than honored to get together an honor guard here, then you could head back to bury her.

She's in a better place now, AZ, and I know you know that, but it never hurts to hear. Obviously she was a fantastic woman, and a woman of such character, moral integrity, and selflessness deserves nothing less than the highest seat in the Kingdom of God.

My prayers with you and your family. I will get your letter translated into Italian and ask family and friends to read it so that the sense of your words and of your feelings can be remembered and bear fruit in others as well.

Theresa Diane, may you RIP. I am positive sure you will still be around your kids and cat.

May your mother rest in peace.

Your mothers story has touched me and i have been greatly inspired to try and spread kindness through out the world. Your mother is with christ now and one day i hope to be able to meet her at heavens gates.

God bless you and your family AZ.

AZ,
It was an honor to have met your mother before she passed away and both of you were lucky to have each other. She was always worried about you and everything she wanted from you was in your own interest. Especially during those times she disagreed with you. It's not very common for a mother to have so much love for her son in these times and then again, it's not very common to have a son take such good care of his mother.
I'm glad you were able to know exactly what your mother would have wanted in her final days on Earth. A real tragedy would be the realization that your mother had only a few days left and you had no idea what kind of person she was. But you know and you let everyone else know, so she still lives on with us until the day that we can go meet her.
In honor of your mother, live your life well, try to fix the mistakes you weren't able to while she was here and whatever happens, don't fall apart. Keep your stuff together and carry on. That's what your mother would want more than anything else. Until the day you get to see her again.
May she rest in peace.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of condolences and prayers. They are needed and appreciated. Those who do not believe in prayer, thank you for the kind words and positive thoughts. Those are equal as prayer.

My family is very poor, so her funeral will be very simple. But that's ok, because I think that's what what she'd have wanted even if we could afford more. She was always simple in taste and made the very best out of whatever she had. Her resourcefulness seemed to know no boundaries, and no matter how little we had she was as thankful as if she owned the entire world.

After the funeral, I will host a dinner for family and friends where we celebrate the lady and her life, letting slip the mourning of her passing. For that too would have been her wish.

My mom will be sorely missed. She is out of pain, and I am thankful for that. God took her quickly, and I am also thankful for that. Terry never told John and I either the extent of her breast cancer or her refusal for treatment. She took the latter with her to the grave, though we suspect that she simply was ready to join her husbands in Heaven and shed her earthly body for her spiritual one. Out of respect for her decision, I am thankful for all that, too.

Death is the ultimate inevitability - he is no respecter of persons. Sometimes he strikes quickly, and other times he strikes slowly. The only certainty we mortals have is the he will strike.

I encourage you, my friends, take a look around you. In our busy schedules and hectic and often frantic day to day lives, it is so easy to miss the moments we'll wish for when death deals his final blow. We take that there will be a "later" for granted, and we miss opportunities that will one day be present no more.

Make sure your daily "to do" list includes hugs, affection, and telling others that you love them. Forgive those who have hurt you while you can. Forgive yourself for your faults. Spread some kindness around, for you never know when someone is desperate for it.

If I may, I'd like to share just one more passage with you, my friends. I believe it sums up her life, what she stood for, what she believed, and how she acted.

31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Matthew 25:31 - 46, NIV

So as our Father and His Son have commanded, it shall be. You never know when you're hosting an angel, my friends.

In this, my time of mourning the death of my mom, my wish is her wish: Be good to each other, love instead of hate, give instead of receive, forgive rather than begrudge. Spread kindness and good will and good wishes.

If my mom had one final wish, that would be it.

Again, thank you all for the kind sentiments and condolences. Our living in kindness towards each other will be her legacy.

My sincerest condolences, AZ.

May she finally be free of all pain, and may she rest in peace.

:salute2:

I know your Mom is in a better place, one of no pain or suffering. I can't think of a better place than in God's hands. Even so, there is never a time when we here are prepared to lose someone we love more than life itself. I sat with my Dad and held his hand until he passed away from lung cancer. My Mom is 95 and I dread the day I have to go through what you and your family are feeling now. Our Fathers may be the head of the household but our Moms are the heart of it.

May your suffering be lessened by the knowledge that hers has mercifully ended and may God bless her and keep her memory alive forever in your hearts and memories.

Back