Prarie Doggin'

TheSunsetSniper

Leavin' for South Dakota tomorrow to go prarie dog hunting... I should really be careful when i say that. I'm going prarie dog shooting. It's not hunting at all... with me luck guys!

yes..you can eat them...i think the ratio is 1000 to a standard pie

naw come on...the only things prairie dogs are good for is food for the hawks.... :D

I can't believe you have to take a trip to do that - we can shoot between 50 and 100 a day on our pastures. We just can't keep up!

Mark Conley said:
naw come on...the only things prairie dogs are good for is food for the hawks.... :D

I don't think the hawks need our help to catch those little buggers. The only thing they're really good for is target practice. Them popping up and down in their tunnels. :twisted:

:lol:

I can understand your anger on a much smaller scale towards prairie dogs. West Coast squirrels are constantly uprooting my gardens and eating the fruit from my "orcards" (couple of plum and apricot trees :) ). Can't exactly discharge a firearm on my ½ acre property. I end up going after the buggers with a bowie knife and bow and arrow. :twisted: (and yes it's all mine, not my parents ;))

Yeah, I've been away a while - we shoot 'em because they dig holes in our pastures, and you can buy a lot of .22 ammo to shoot gophers for what it costs to fix a cow's broken leg.

Have FUN! hehehe hehehe i love that game at chuckie cheese's. Gets out the anger i tell ya! Kinda like...

Alright! I'm back. How can i say this... it was the most fun i've had with a rifle. And about that BB gun idea... Lord no. My closest shot was 150 yards and my farthest was 700. A BB gun wouldn't make it that far, and if it somehow travelled on the wind that far, it would simply anoy them. Anyway, it was a blast, even though i've got 2,000 .223 rounds left over. (PM me if you want some ;) ) About the eating comment... on a serious note, they are nasty little creatures. Much like rats. On a not-so serious note, they did have a lot of meat to them, could make some wicked prarie dog stew or something ;)

Back