Prarie Doggin' - Page 2

--
Boots

July 25th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I can understand your anger on a much smaller scale towards prairie dogs. West Coast squirrels are constantly uprooting my gardens and eating the fruit from my "orcards" (couple of plum and apricot trees ). Can't exactly discharge a firearm on my acre property. I end up going after the buggers with a bowie knife and bow and arrow. (and yes it's all mine, not my parents )
July 25th, 2004  
SHERMAN

hmmm, about not firing a weapon, try a very good BB....should knockem out...
July 25th, 2004  
D_Plus_One

Yeah, I've been away a while - we shoot 'em because they dig holes in our pastures, and you can buy a lot of .22 ammo to shoot gophers for what it costs to fix a cow's broken leg.
--
Boots
July 25th, 2004  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
yes..you can eat them...i think the ratio is 1000 to a standard pie

naw come on...the only things prairie dogs are good for is food for the hawks....
...and target practice!
July 25th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
hmmm, about not firing a weapon, try a very good BB....should knockem out...
My way is more fun
July 28th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Have FUN! hehehe hehehe i love that game at chuckie cheese's. Gets out the anger i tell ya! Kinda like...
August 2nd, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

Alright! I'm back. How can i say this... it was the most fun i've had with a rifle. And about that BB gun idea... Lord no. My closest shot was 150 yards and my farthest was 700. A BB gun wouldn't make it that far, and if it somehow travelled on the wind that far, it would simply anoy them. Anyway, it was a blast, even though i've got 2,000 .223 rounds left over. (PM me if you want some ) About the eating comment... on a serious note, they are nasty little creatures. Much like rats. On a not-so serious note, they did have a lot of meat to them, could make some wicked prarie dog stew or something
August 2nd, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Glad you had an awesome time, and welcome back
August 2nd, 2004  
otterbear2468

hey sniper welcome back.
August 2nd, 2004  
Darkmb101

so no prarie dog barbecue? what a shame....