Praise the Lord

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
A very very religious old Christian woman was in the habit of going out onto her front porch every morning and yelling "Praise the Lord."

Her next door neighbour was a young atheist. He got so annoyed at the old lady's yelling that he would go out every morning and yell back over the hedge "There is no God."

Time passed and hard times fell on the woman. It got to the stage where she was going without regular meals and so she added to her morning invocations..."Praise the Lord...Lord I need groceries....please please send me groceries!"

Like clockwork the atheist was out there in his front yard yelling back "There is no God, and he certainly wont supply groceries"

Then one morning, the old lady goes out to her porch ready to yell out her prayer and praise when she was startled to see bags and bags of fresh groceries. "Praise the Lord!" she yelled "Thank you Lord for these wonderful groceries, how good you are to me."

Then out jumped the young atheist from the hedges and he yells back at her: "Ha ha, I bought those groceries, see there is no God!"

"Praise the Lord!" cries the old woman..."Lord, not only did you give me these wonderful groceries but you made the Devil pay for them....praise the Lord!."

Back