Power Rankings: Charlotte

bigcanada813

Canuckus Maximus
Week 31 of 36,Bank of America 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway
pixel.gif

1 Jeff BurtonA lot of people are already saying NASCAR can't afford for a Cingular driver to win the Nextel Cup. But that is nothing a late-race caution for debris can't fix.

2 Mark MartinReport: MB2 Motorsports signs Martin to get their name in the paper

3 Dale Earnhardt Jr.Well, Brian Vickers won't be invited to Dale Jr.'s 32nd birthday party this week, which is almost as bad as being uninvited to meet all of the women that Jeff Gordon's fiancée knows.

4 Matt KensethA lot of people wonder why Robbie Reiser would even consider leaving Matt Kenseth's pit box to become Roush GM. It's because Gatorade wanted Reiser to star in his own shirtless commercial in 2007.

5 Carl EdwardsReport: Sadler cured of Overactive Adrenaline Disorder; Edwards still affected

6 Kevin HarvickNorth Korea obviously decided to explode that nuclear bomb only after hearing that GM Goodwrench would be leaving RCR's primary sponsor spot.

7 Jimmie JohnsonReport: Vickers uninvited to team meetings, invited to team beatings

8 Denny HamlinObviously, Denny's momma was baking Tony some cookies. They looked pretty tasty, too.

9 Kasey KahneI guess you saw in qualifying where he signed the lady's neck brace. Are you like me? Did you see that and think, "Is she the one who crashed the car into the scoring pylon?"

10 Jeff GordonHe didn't get hit with beer cans concerning his garage-area comments about Dale Jr.'s bump-drafting style, but that was only because fans can't throw that far.

11 Kyle BuschReport: Kyle Busch really hoping he doesn't become the third and final Hendrick driver really angry at Vickers

12 Greg BiffleNote to Subway: Quit running that sandwich-in-front-of-the-windshield commercial. It says, "Here's to a better 2006." Unless the Biff gets on a little hot streak, it ain't going to happen.

13 Tony StewartDadgum you, J.J.! Why did you have to cut a tire and wreck in front of me? Go get me a chicken pot pie!

14 Kurt BuschI'll be serious for a second. Did you see the race after the last-lap spin? If racing back to the line was allowed, Kurt, Kahne and Vickers would have had a heck of a battle.

15 Brian VickersI see where Lowe's Motor Speedway ordered extra security for Vickers. He doesn't need those fancy rent-a-cops. Just make sure Jimmy Spencer is on his right, Tony Stewart is on his left, and Fatback in front. No will get near him.

16 Martin Truex Jr.Actual conversation overheard: 1st person: "Did you hear? Martin is headed to MB2?" 2nd person: "I thought DEI re-signed him to a new contract last year."

17 Clint BowyerHey bud. They showed you and your girlfriend during the anthem for the first time. You've officially hit the big time. And it was so nice that you weren't chewing gum during the shot.

18 Bobby LabonteHe has to be glad that Vickers took out a couple of cars. It gave him a top-10 finish, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

19 Elliott SadlerI have heard that his fans are giving up M&M's because of his move to Evernham. Unless you're Tony Stewart, which, in his case, you simply switch allegiances to David Gilliland.

20 Casey MearsReport: Juan Montoya bracing for Iowa media crush in ARCA event this weekend

21 Dave BlaneyThe team is back to running 28th, which is normal for them. Of course, now that I say that, I can hear Bill Weber right now. "Dave Blaney pulls into Victory Lane! A shocking win at Atlanta, err, I mean Charlotte Motor Speedway! Err! I mean Lowe's!"

22 Reed SorensonThey actually had a Ladies' Night at the Ganassi shop. Hopefully it wasn't held too late for Reed's fans. A lot of them have homecoming activities at school this week.

23 Dale JarrettDavid Reutimann is going to be his teammate at MWR, which is great news for David. Hopefully, Reutimann will win a race or a pole early in the year, and someone can go up to him and say, "David, why the long face?"

24 Ryan NewmanHe has posted five consecutive top-25 finishes. It is his longest such streak since July. So get excited or something.

25 David GillilandI loved his post-Bud Pole qualifying quote: "The car felt good and I don't feel that I could have done any better of a job. It was perfect on my end and the car was great."

I dunno, Dave. I think you left a lot on the table in Turn 3. But that is just me.

Find this article at:
http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/features/power_rankings/10/11/charlotte/index.html

Back