Poverty at an all time high, time to release help from Federal Reserve?

DisgruntledHand

"Maintain a strong economy and create economic and job opportunities by promoting the conditions that enable economic growth and stability at home and abroad, strengthen national security by combating threats and protecting the integrity of the financial system, and manage the U.S. Government’s finances and resources effectively."

How bad does it have to get for citizens before Federal Reserve is used for help?

Theres so much dedt from the Iraq campaign, is there even a penny left?
The U.S. just causes self dedt and never uses the Federal Reserve to pay it, they just put the payments on the citizens.

This would anger me greatly if I was a poor or homeless American.

Then again...I'm a HAND..so I kind of don,t care.

Hand Command: Use the reserve to help the poor.:whip:

The only ones who can pay the debt is the Citizens, that's why we're called "Tax Payers". We pay all taxes. The Fed can't "pay" for anything, they can just cause inflation by printing/distributing too much money. The Biggest share of the debt is from Govt hand outs & obligations of the vote buying nature. Iraq/Afghanistan is a part of it, but Obama has spent more in 4 years than the rest of the past Presidents & most of Bush's 8 years.

The only ones who can pay the debt is the Citizens, that's why we're called "Tax Payers". We pay all taxes. The Fed can't "pay" for anything, they can just cause inflation by printing/distributing too much money. The Biggest share of the debt is from Govt hand outs & obligations of the vote buying nature. Iraq/Afghanistan is a part of it, but Obama has spent more in 4 years than the rest of the past Presidents & most of Bush's 8 years.

Good grief why do you people make these claims when they can be so easily checked...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...facebook-post-says-barack-obama-has-lowest-s/

Just because it's called "Fact check" doesn't mean a thing. The T B Times is a Liberal Rag. The statement that Obama has precideded over the slowest groth of any Prez in 60 years is preposterous, an obvious example of The Big Lie".

Look no offense but Obama has made plenty of **** ups and failed to deliver on many things why do you have to make **** up, quite honestly I think he would rate as the most ineffectual president in history.

But hey if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend everything that doesn't meet your views is a lie then go right ahead but that says more about you than Obama.

Thanks George for the link. My neighbor is a USA LTC (ret) who served in WWII, Korea, and RVN. He is famously know to say, " I don't understand everything I know about that." Now days I record all my favorite news programs so I can fast forward through commericials, and more importantly when Obama speaks, or his press secretary speaks for him. I do not understand how either man can say one thing today and something completely different tomorrow. Many people will say anything to get their way, which is becoming my new and total difinition of a politican. US Grant coined the term lobbyist, because upon his election he found the hotel lobbies in DC flooded with political favor seekers. I admire Grant: Obama I do not understand everything I know about him.

The Federal Reserve is already helping(satire): It's called printing currency. When you print currency it is called inflation. Since Nixon took us off the gold standard the American dollor has been doomed. Several US States have now provided for plans to print their own money of which Utah (fact) is one of them. Several countries, including Germany, are preparing plans for when the US Dollar is no longer the World's currency. We may disagree on many things, but I think it is easy to agree that at this point in time buying silver is a good idea.

Last edited:
Ever heard of "The War on Poverty'? US government has thrown trillions of dollars at poor people all over the world. They could have given every poor person in the US a million bucks each, yet they would have all become broke in a year. Meanwhile all our industry and jobs have been exported.

This is exactly the problem in an effort to provide cheaper and cheaper products to the consumer nations have sacrificed their industry to third world nations where poverty is a way of life.

If you do not have industry you do not have employment and you end up with poverty.

I am in total agreement regarding the loss of our industries, and I'm not sure that my thoughts on the matter are completely relevant, but I remember a time 30 years ago when we went through a lesser version of this same problem, when the Japanese economy was booming and we lost a lot of homegrown industry.

I would like to think that hopefully this is all part of a cyclical series of events where countries with previously lower performing economies start to rise towards the top.

As we saw with Japan, quite quickly they reached their apex and with it came great improvements for the Japanese workers who previously provided much of the cheap labour needed. Once the economy improved these workers demanded improved conditions and with the big end of town riding the crest the wave it was impossible to deny these demands, which in turn lessened Japan's industrial advantage. Our industry did eventually get over this, although it never returned to its previous levels,... however on the bright side it did force us to look at better usage of our national assets be they human, industrial, mineral or maritime.

Everyone talks about how we live in a global economy, and on that scale I feel can be said that overall, this event was an improvement, although we had to suffer some pain to bring about. In this respect the global economy appears to work under the same laws as we see in thermodynamics with the law of entropy, and if this is true, what we are seeing is inevitable.

The world is in a constant state of change and to try and fight it will achieve very little in the short term and absolutely nothing in the long-term. In fact to fight it, could well be counter productive. (My opinion)

I'm hoping that this is going to be the case with China, although I admit with their huge labour market and terrific difference in the cost of that labour, it will take somewhat longer.

I must admit that it is a problem that I'm well aware of but have not really thought about it in any great depth.

Last edited:
I am in total agreement regarding the loss of our industries, and I'm not sure that my thoughts on the matter are completely relevant, but I remember a time 30 years ago when we went through a lesser version of this same problem, when the Japanese economy was booming and we lost a lot of homegrown industry.

I would like to think that hopefully this is all part of a cyclical series of events where countries with previously lower performing economies start to rise towards the top.

As we saw with Japan, quite quickly they reached their apex and with it came great improvements for the Japanese workers who previously provided much of the cheap labour needed. Once the economy improved these workers demanded improved conditions and with the big end of town riding the crest the wave it was impossible to deny these demands, which in turn lessened Japan's industrial advantage. Our industry did eventually get over this, although it never returned to its previous levels,... however on the bright side it did force us to look at better usage of our national assets be they human, industrial, mineral or maritime.

Everyone talks about how we live in a global economy, and on that scale I feel can be said that overall, this event was an improvement, although we had to suffer some pain to bring about. In this respect the global economy appears to work under the same laws as we see in thermodynamics with the law of entropy, and if this is true, what we are seeing is inevitable.

The world is in a constant state of change and to try and fight it will achieve very little in the short term and absolutely nothing in the long-term. In fact to fight it, could well be counter productive. (My opinion)

I'm hoping that this is going to be the case with China, although I admit with their huge labour market and terrific difference in the cost of that labour, it will take somewhat longer.

I must admit that it is a problem that I'm well aware of but have not really thought about it in any great depth.

I think the big difference between labour relations in Japan and those of China are primarily that the Japanese government was less enthusiastic and prepared to run over its populace with tanks when they protested for better wages.

Personally I think we are reaching a very dangerous point where the west will no longer be able to buy cheap goods and we reach a point where we all collapse.

I am unusual for a Kiwi in that I don't embrace globalisation I am all for free trade but only with countries of similar standards of living where it is possible to compete on a more even playing field.

I don't disagree with the idea that we have to adapt to change as change is inevitable but at the same time we also must control the speed of change so as to not destroy ourselves for the sake of change.

Last edited:
Maybe I am over optimistic, but in view of the advances that have been made in Chinese living conditions over the last 20 years or so, I was hoping that the widespread improvement in expectations of the people might bring about change.

I think it would be fair to say that in the last 20 years Chinese living standards in large towns and cities has probably advanced more than it had the previous 100 years. As more and more people become more affluent we will see an increase in Westernisation which will grow beyond the ability of the government to control it.

I admit this is only my opinion, but it is based on what we have seen in recent times and therefore I feel that it is not an unreasonable expectation. I fully appreciate that there will be a great deal of resistance to this change, but there will eventually be change, and I think it is fair to say that there is a great deal more chance of change arising from increased affluence of the people than any other way.

I'm not sure how much better the average Chinese worker's standard of living is. The air is terrible, water supplies poisoned, etc. The problem in the USA, it's almost impossible to open a business. An example= a friend of mine wanted to start an oyster farm, instantly local tree huggers protested that the oyster farm would cause water pollution. Right, pollution, anyone know what oysters eat? That's right, oysters purify the water. Between the DEP, EPA, OSHA and tree huggers, ultra liberal do gooders, it's pretty hard to do anything business wise.

Back