Post your System Specs!

CABAL

Pentium 4 HT 3.0 Ghz 521 Processor 775Pin
DDR RAM 1 Gig PC-3200 Dual Channel
160 Gig of Hard drive
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 24-Bit Advanced EAX HD
PNY Geforce 7800 GT AGP 256 MB

Whats in YOUR box?

Im getting a little outdated and about ready to start the upgrade process...

MSI Mobo
P4 2.4ghz
Gig RAMBUS (is the shizzle btw)
Sound Blaster Audigey 2 pro
ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum
Adaptec SCSI controller
External Icy Dock SCSI Ultra 320 Raid Cage (currently housing 3 ultra 120 SCSI drives, the u320 hdds are expensive)
Gigaworks 6.1
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard and X52 Flight Control System
I also have a whole bunch of other peripherals and what not...

However since my upgrading will be a huge undertaking I think I am just going to buy a new P4 chip since they have come down in price dramatically and get another 6 months to a year out of my current rig...

I also have another P4/Rambus/MSI geared machine running my entertainment system, whith a ATI all in wonder card :)

Had an old thread in here, but it's a tiny bit outdated.. :)
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/show-me-your-computer-hardware-t3179.html

Now I have:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 +3200 (Overclocked) w/Bitspower Silent Storm CPU-cooler
Memory: 2gb PC3200 DDR-DIMM
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon X800XL (Overclocked) w/ Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer ATI 5 VGA
Sound: Creative SB Audigy 2.0
Storage: 120+80+250Gb Harddrives (IDE and S-ATA).
2x CD-RW/DVD+-R/RW
Internet: ADSL 15mbit/1mbit..

My pc is very outdated (except peripherals)

Now I have:

Processor: Athlon XP 3200+
Mobo: Abit AN7
Memory: 2x512MB Kingston CL2 400MHz
Graphics: Gainward GF4 Ti4200
Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Music
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 - 250 GB SATA II and Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40 GB
LiteOn DVD 48x-16x and LiteOn DVD-RW SOHW-1673
TV Tuner: Leadtek PVR2000
Monitor: LCD Samsung SM 172T
Speakers: Creative I-Trigue 3400 - 2.1
Mouse: Logitech G7
Keyboard: Logitech UltraX Flat
Printer: HP Photosmart 8150
Scanner: Epson Perfection 3590 Photo
Joystick: Logitech WingMan Force 3D
Modem: Motorola SB5100E

I think that's all :mrgreen:

In September I am probably going for Intel Core2 Duo based platform.

Bring on the Alienware. I am so getting one. When I have the money. When i have a job. When i finish school. Sigh.

my cousin thinks its the best, but i know better. He got an alienware laptop for 2500 dollars and while it was powerful several years ago, it's lagging behind in tech now and he's getting another one.

My specs are:
CPU: AMD 3200+
RAM: 4x256 1 gig ddr
Graphics: Nvidia 6600gt 128 PCI express
HD: 160 gig @ 7200 rpm

I have a generic on board sound card, but it's OK.

Just FYI Alienware = DELL

You are better off building you own computer, guess what all the individual parts have warranties....It really isn’t that hard to assemble one provided you have done your research and made sure everything was compatible (i.e. ram works with CPU works with mobo), the hard part (sometimes) is getting all the software to work...If you buy right you will be able to easily update and not have to worry about any proprietary BS....

Plus you can get twice the machine for the same price as a generic off the shelf PC...

A custom pc is slightly cheaper than off the shelf because you're only buying parts for the computer and not the monitor and accesories. With good parts, it shouldn't be any cheaper than a regular comp, but then it's better quality. I think i'll get a custom one next time since they throw too much unnecessary crap software on any ready to go pc.

Venom PL said:
My pc is very outdated (except peripherals)

Now I have:

Processor: Athlon XP 3200+
Mobo: Abit AN7
Memory: 2x512MB Kingston CL2 400MHz
Graphics: Gainward GF4 Ti4200
Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Music
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 - 250 GB SATA II and Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40 GB
LiteOn DVD 48x-16x and LiteOn DVD-RW SOHW-1673
TV Tuner: Leadtek PVR2000
Monitor: LCD Samsung SM 172T
Speakers: Creative I-Trigue 3400 - 2.1
Mouse: Logitech G7
Keyboard: Logitech UltraX Flat
Printer: HP Photosmart 8150
Scanner: Epson Perfection 3590 Photo
Joystick: Logitech WingMan Force 3D
Modem: Motorola SB5100E

I think that's all :mrgreen:

In September I am probably going for Intel Core2 Duo based platform.

Do you like that scanner? Any photos you can sample so I can see how it perform? I need a new scanner for my photos!

WarMachine said:
A custom pc is slightly cheaper than off the shelf because you're only buying parts for the computer and not the monitor and accesories. With good parts, it shouldn't be any cheaper than a regular comp, but then it's better quality. I think i'll get a custom one next time since they throw too much unnecessary crap software on any ready to go pc.

You can buy stuff way cheaper off the net if you shop around and ebay....

I put together a computer that would have cost me $4k for around $2k

Why pay the middle man when you can get the stuff cheaper...

Seriously go price a copy of Windows XP Pro from Amazon then go to your closest retailer and see the hundred dollar mark up...From the sounds of it it sounds like you never built your own before...Plus you don’t have to deal with something called proprietary hardware/software....

I built a gateway once (got the mobo cheap) and it wouldn’t take a certain speed ram even though ever other mobo out there would take both speeds...

You are fooling yourself if you think it should cost the same and really don’t know what you are talking about.... :pirate:

Oh and Im talking about buying monitors too....Shop the net get better prices bottom line...

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 2.4Ghz
Motherboard: Asus A8N5X
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7950 GX2
RAM: 1024MB of Kingston HyperX DDR400 RAM
Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Monitor: NEC MultiSync FE2111SB (22" flat CRT, 1600x1200@85hz native)
Speakers: Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speaker System
Headset: Sennheiser PC 160
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
Mouse: Logitech MX518
Case: Antec P160 Anodized Aluminum Tower

Did I forget anything?

This system tears through most games, even Oblivion doesn't drop below 40fps maxed out at 1600x1200... I recently replaced my broken X800 Pro with that dual-GPU card, though unfortunately many of the games I play most often are Half-Life mods, and they don't seem to work too well since nVidia has lazily dropped support for OpenGL in their newest drivers.

Last edited:
Do you like that scanner? Any photos you can sample so I can see how it perform? I need a new scanner for my photos!

Here you go AlexKall. :cool:

The first three photos don't really represents the scanner performance because in original they are very low quality (I’ve made them with single use camera).
This scanner is great its maximum Output Resolution is 12800dpi (I’ve scanned those photos using only 600dpi).

If you are looking for perfect scanner for photos Epson Perfection 3590 is the thing you are looking for.

Copy and zoom-in the last photo you will see that the quality of scanning is just perfect (remember that this is only 600dpi).

Photo 1 - http://members.chello.pl/r.wojcikowski/img010.jpg
This photo was made in 1997 (back then I was 12 years old) at the International Defence Industry Exhibition
MSPO - Kielce - Poland. I am standing near Polish PT-91 MTB.

Photo 2 - http://members.chello.pl/r.wojcikowski/img011.jpg
Another photo from MSPO-97 - Me near the European Tiger.

Photo 3 - http://members.chello.pl/r.wojcikowski/img012.jpg
MSPO-97 Me and Polish made "SW-4"

Photo 4 - http://members.chello.pl/r.wojcikowski/img013.jpg
Front page from Polish military magazine "Nowa Technika Wojskowa" (New Military Technology)

Some detailed informations about the scanner -
http://www.epson.co.uk/products/scanners/Perfection3590Photo.htm
http://www.epson.co.uk/products/scanners/product_spec/Perfection3590Photo.htm

AlexKall If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Last edited:
I think I'm inlove! Thats absolutly astonasing, sure as hell beat my 6 year old scanner (1200 dpi)! Thank you for taking time to help me with this, many thanks!

Will most likey buy it when other expences are clreared in a month or two. Might opt for a DSLR first though, note sure yet as I love film SLRs, but I might have to give in for the digital world ;)

Thanks again for all the work you put into this :)

Regards
Alexander K

Within two weeks I am upgrading my Pc (finally).

I have two different options to choose from:

1. AMD based platform:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ BOX (Socket AM2) - 649 PLN
Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI - 509 PLN
Graphics: GeForce 7900 GT Asus 256MB - 1119 PLN
RAM: Kingston DDR2 2 x 1024MB 667MHz CL5 ECC - 1085 PLN

Total: 3362 PLN (1084$ or 853€)

2. Intel based platform:

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6300 1.86 GHz (S775) BOX - 786 PLN
Motherboard: Asus P5B Intel P965 - 569 PLN
Graphics: GeForce 7900 GS Asus 256MB - 899 PLN
RAM: Kingston DDR2 2 x 1024MB 667MHz CL5 ECC - 1085 PLN