Post Your High School!

The Other Guy

Spam King
Just post where you went to high school, or at least the name. Pictures or other info appreciated.

Me...

Watkins Memorial High School
"Warriors"
Mascot: discontinued 2002 after being considered racist. (It kinda was)
Pataskala, Ohio, US
Founded: 1955 as a consolidation of Etna, Pataskala, and Kirkirsville High Schools (Buildings about 1918, schools 1900. Etna High is now abandoned, Kirkirsville High burned down in the 60s and Pataskala High is now an Elementary School.)
Current Building Opened: 1981
Additions and Renovations: 1999
Satelite Image of High School and Middle School: http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&ou...271,-82.646126&oi=manybox&ct=14&cd=1&resnum=4
warriorhome1.jpg

^old picture, taken 1985. this script no longer exists.
**THE FOOD IS AWFUL AND THE WARMERS SMELL LIKE VOMIT**

You?

Last edited:
Does it count if you were Home-schooled? :D

"My house" High School
Kansas City, MO, US
New building Founded in Smithville, MO in 1998
Total number of students: 4

I attended three High Schools in one year. Alto High, Alto, Tx, Palestine High, Palestine, Tx, and Cayuga High, Cayuga Tx. I lost count of the number of grade schools. Sorry, I don't remember what the mascots were for all of them.

Name of school: Fredericksburg High School
Mascot: Battlin' Billies
City and state: Fredericksburg, Texas
Total of students: about 1,900.
Founded: 1927
Famous Alumni: General Hagee and few Division I and II college football players.
Food: Some were fake, some tasted like the craps, and some were good.

Last edited:
Name of school: Monta Vista Highschool
Mascot: a Matador (I know :s)
City and state: Cupertino, California
Number of students: I wouldn't know

I do remember they had a very good cafeteria....

Graduated from (attended sophomore, junior and senior years):

George School
Mascot: Cougars
Founded: 1893
Newtown, PA
www.georgeschool.org

Can't think of any famous alumni, although it's been in the news recently because an alumna is donating some $128 million over ten years thanks to all the money she made investing in whatever Warren Buffet told her and her family to invest in...

Also attended (started in 3rd grade, stayed through freshman year):

Friends Seminary
Mascot: I have no idea what it is now, but it was the "Big Red" when I was there
Founded: 1786
New York, NY
http://www.friendsseminary.org

Recent famous alumni include the actress Amanda Peet. She was a year ahead of me in school, I went to school with her for about five years. The scary part is that I ran into my 3rd/4th grade teacher on the street about two or three years ago (the hospital I used to work at was across the street...I didn't get very far!), and she remembered me! :shock:

Last edited:
HIGH SCHOOL: Greenleaf Friends Academy, Vallivue High School, and Caldwell High School.
MASCOT: Grizzlies, Falconsm, and Cougars.
FOUNDED: Early 1900's for Greenleaf and Caldwell, and Vallivue was in the 60's I believe.

The food wasn't that bad at any of them. As for famous alumni......eh, they're mostly rodeo stars. Y'all wouldn't know 'em. Annnnnnnnd I'll look up pictures later.

Name: Jakarta International School
Mascot: Dragon
Founded: Errm... sometime in the 1950's I think.
Food: There is a 2 story cafeteria with Indonesian food, Japanese food, Kebab, Korean food, fruit juice stand... Jesus it was ridiculous.
Famous People: hmm... there's Erin McLeod who's Canada's national women's soccer team goalkeeper. Does that count? Jesus... I mean, all these high profile people at school and NO ONE got famous??

no, wait, there was one guy who played football at Ohio Univeristy in the 1960s, and another guy (Blake McDowell) who finished top 25 in the Boston Marathon in the late 1990s.

Parkersburg High School
Mascot: Big Red Indian
Motto: School of Champions

Founded: 1857, current building still in use.
Added: 2 wings, field house (highest capacity indoor basketball stadium in the state")
arts annex, stadium feild.
Currently being added: 2 new wings, renovations of 2 orginal wings, addition to annex.

Fun Facts:
Only 2 presidents to visit PHS
Ronald Reagan
George W Bush

winningest HS Football Programs All-Time in Nation

Rank - School (2006 record) Wins Winning% (Overall)
1 – Valdosta, GA (1-9) 829 .8057 (829-188-35)
2 – Massillon, OH (7-5) 774 .7732 (774-227-35)
3 – Louisville Male, KY (11-1) 771 .7710 (771-290-49)
4 – Little Rock Ctrl, AR (10-1) 765 .7300 (765-283-48)
5 – Mt Carmel, PA (12-2) 763 .7393 (763-269-57)
6 – Canton McKinley, OH (12-2) 751 .7105 (751-306-42)
7 – Ft Thomas Highlands, KY (6-5) 742 .7603 (742-234-26)
8 – Parkersburg, WV (14-0) 737 .7333 (737-268-33)

Photos

Football game
STANDINGROOMONLY.jpg

Current All-American lineman Josh Jenkins #77
NOLANANDJENKSPOSTGAME.jpg

Building without 2 new wings behind current right wing.
image004.jpg

Fork Union Military Academy
Fork Union, Va
Established 1898
Mascot: Blue Devil (I cant stand it, I'm a UNC fan, I hate Duke)
Alumni: Eddie George, Vinny Testaverde, many other football players and many service men.
Food: Almost always terrible, but the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners the day before we leave are wonderful.

www.forkunion.com

School: Scotch College
Founded: 1919 as a memorial to those who died in WW1
Mascot: The Rampant Lion (although Australian school don't really have mascots because they are totally ridiculous and lame)
Colours: Blue and Gold
Alumni:Brian Croser, Leigh Davis, Juliet Haslam, Robert Hill, Sam Jacobs, Tim Jacobs, Tara Morice, Ben Nelson, Wayne B. Phillips, Sir Victor Richardson, Amy Gebhardt, Penny Wong.
Denomination: Uniting Church
Type: Private School
Slogan: "Excellence today, Relevence tomorrow"
Motto: Scientia, Humanitis, Religio
Extra-curricular activities: pipe band, cricket team, football team, rowing, agricultural farm, wine growing, sailing, fencing, golf, drama academy, international tours.

scotch_banner.jpg

inside_scotch_logo.jpg

Back