Post Your High School!

The only (somewhat) famous person I've been able to come up with is Felicia Mason from GFA. She was on the 3d or 4th (I forget which now) of "The Apprentice." I'm sure there are others.....she's just the only one I've been able to find. :)

What can I say I had a great high school. I truly loved being a part of TC.

T.C. Williams
Mighty, Mighty, Titans
Alexandria, Virginia
Colors - Red and Blue

TCWHS.jpg

Curriculum AreasGrades 10-12
Introduction

T.C. Williams is one of the most respected, comprehensive high schools in the country. Its facilities and its top students compare favorably with the best private schools.
T.C. Williams is named for a former superintendent of schools who served from the mid-1930s until the mid-1960s. The school opened in 1965 and has served the Alexandria community and tens of thousands of students well.

Academic Curriculum

T.C. Williams offers a curriculum of 188 courses and it is one of the few Virginia schools which teaches organic chemistry. Five years of French, German, Latin and Spanish are offered. Many faculty members serve as readers and consultants for the national AP program.
Technology

The Alexandria Schools launched a multi-year, multi-million dollar initiative to bring the latest technologies into the classroom, including computers, telephones, multimedia, Internet and CD-ROM research capabilities. With its media center and fiber optic network, a completely automated library, and connections to the Internet, T.C. Williams is taking its place as one of the best technologically equipped schools in the country.

Before- and After-school Programs

Co-Curriculum Programs

Students may participate in 17 interscholastic sports. Approximately 25% of the students are involved in one or more sports during the year. In addition to athletic facilities and fields at the school, the district owns and maintains a rowing facility on the Potomac River for its crew teams. Teams compete in the Patriot District in the Northern Region of the Virginia High School League. The school has a tradition of success in district, regional, state, national, and international competition. T.C. Williams is one of only two school districts in Virginia to require a 2.0 grade point average for athletic eligibility. More than 75% of our student-athletes annually achieved a 3.0 grade point average or above.
There are more than 55 clubs and organizations in which students may participate. From the National Honor Society to the Art Club to the Dance Squad, there is something of interest for everyone. Students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular activities.

T.C. Williams opened in 1965 as Alexandria's third public high school, and became the city's only public senior high school in 1971, serving 11th and 12th graders, with the freshman and sophomores attending the two others, Hammond and George Washington. Currently, "T.C." serves 10th through 12th grades,

The gym of the original T.C. Williams building was named after Gerry Bertier, a member of the Titans' 1971 state championship football team who was paralyzed in a car crash and died 10 years later. The newly-constructed basketball court was named in honor of Earl Lloyd on December 1, 2007 Lloyd was the first African-American to play in the NBA.

Football and Remember The Titans

T.C. and its legendary former football coaches, Herman Boone & Bill Yoast were featured in the 2000 motion picture Remember the Titans, starring Denzel Washington. The movie depicted the consolidation (and indirectly, integration) of Alexandria's three public high schools into one in the fall of 1971. The city's public schools were desegregated in 1959, but the three high schools had become racially imbalanced during the 1960s. T.C. continued to be a state power throughout the 1970s and 1980's winning two more AAA football titles in 1984 and 1987.

Famous graduates of T.C. Williams include:So awesome that it is even on the BBC site. Check it out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/6196504.stm

The picture on the right with the Apple Blossom Tree in the front is TC.

Students in Iran, the UK and the US are linking up to share their experiences on Wednesday 6 December.
Read about the schools taking part and then use the postform at the bottom of the page to send your questions.
Click on the links below to read more about the schools.

Islamic Azad University, Iran
Longsands College, Cambridgeshire, UK
TC Williams High School, Alexandria, US

2 Local Football Teams in the state championships in football!

The Legendary Newark Catholic (8 time champ), and Newark Licking Valley both made it to the big dance

Back