Post yer ribbons!

I have got a question for all you cadets out there. Why do you all get so many ribbons and medals??

I was at a Veterans Day parade and saw a few JROTC people. The student leader had on more medals and ribbons than Patton or Audie Murphy. The active duty soldiers kinda made fun of the JROTC people for that.

USAFAUX2004 said:
I am Affraid that although you are a Major and know more than I do but if you go to the www.cadetstuff.org and look up Captain (Senior Member) Elfstrom, then you will hit right on to my new Commander. he worked with the cadet program for a long time and he told us that because the award was not issued, to save the confusion we will have to just go with out it.

I am a Moderator for Cadetstuff...I know that just because its simplicity you should backdate the award (which you can do) and wear the correct.

Doody said:
I have got a question for all you cadets out there. Why do you all get so many ribbons and medals??

I was at a Veterans Day parade and saw a few JROTC people. The student leader had on more medals and ribbons than Patton or Audie Murphy. The active duty soldiers kinda made fun of the JROTC people for that.

I'm not really sure the whole reasons, but probably because there are soooooooo many different activities you can do. If you get first place in a cadet competition you get a ribbon, if you get a find, etc. you have a membership ribbon (just kinda shows you apart in different ways) and other things.

I guess just because they can. JROTC has tons of ribbons and medals I will say that. I have a friend who you can literally hear him before you see him... It's kinda bad.

Not necessarily something to make fun of someone for - unless they think they should refrain from doing their best at activities... that's the only way I can see that you would keep from getting ribbons.

My unit only uses ribbons on service dress blues and service dress whites...and sometimes on winter blues (NOT winter working blues).

NEVER on working khaki, BDUs, or any other non-dress uniforms.

On the service dress blues, we wear any medals on the left, and ribbons on the right where the unit commendations go on Army uniforms.

USAFAUX2004 said:
I am Affraid that although you are a Major and know more than I do but if you go to the www.cadetstuff.org and look up Captain (Senior Member) Elfstrom, then you will hit right on to my new Commander. he worked with the cadet program for a long time and he told us that because the award was not issued, to save the confusion we will have to just go with out it.

Just a side note - don't ever do anything or miss anything to "save confusion". National doesn't like that much at all. So, to save you a little confusion when you start going places, you might wanna go order some Feik ribbons like the rest of us had to do....

NATIONAL SENT OUT ORDERS TO THE WING SAYING THAT BECAUSE THERE WERE NO FEIKS at the time that it is behind us and we should not even bother

P.S. sorry for the damn caps

USAFAUX2004 said:
NATIONAL SENT OUT ORDERS TO THE WING SAYING THAT BECAUSE THERE WERE NO FEIKS at the time that it is behind us and we should not even bother

P.S. sorry for the damn caps

Hmm, you might have been told this, but I could definatly contact some of the people at National that I am friends with, most likely the head of CP. So staying with the regs is something you shouldn't bother? You should be wearing the ribbon and as an NCO where the rule on ribbons is ALL OR NONE everytime you don't where that you're out of regs.

I can't give you a pic of it, cause I dunno where to find it but this is what it would be:

[Participation one bronze star] [drill team one bronze star] (at end of year awards:) [Exemplary personal apperance]

USAFAUX2004 said:
if you did not take the test than you cannot wear the ribbons. ALL cadets I have seen follow the rules

So you never took the Feik test, well, I think thats good because THERE IS NO SUCH THING as the Feik test. The Feik test is the Wright Bros. Achievement test, which you HAD to have taken. The wright brothers award is another thing. But you want to be a C/2d Lt sometime? You need to have your award on the National Database or you're going to have to take the test. I know the regs, I know the rules, I know whats going to happen if you don't do this. Quit yer griping get the exam done and backdate the dang form 52-1 and put a Feik ribbon on.

Gorfour20 said:
USAFAUX2004 said:
if you did not take the test than you cannot wear the ribbons. ALL cadets I have seen follow the rules

So you never took the Feik test, well, I think thats good because THERE IS NO SUCH THING as the Feik test. The Feik test is the Wright Bros. Achievement test, which you HAD to have taken. The wright brothers award is another thing. But you want to be a C/2d Lt sometime? You need to have your award on the National Database or you're going to have to take the test. I know the regs, I know the rules, I know whats going to happen if you don't do this. Quit yer griping get the exam done and backdate the dang form 52-1 and put a Feik ribbon on.

Believe me, I ran into the same deal (except I took the WBA exam... just didn't know to post it.).

So, before I quit being nice, and acting like I know what I'm talking about, just do it. Oh yeah, and we can always start a thread on CS for you to direct your Commander too.

Last year I went to Spring encampment as a SSgt and I asked the C/LtCol about what should we do. he said that the program changed many times and he never ran into any trouble. As for my Mitchell which will be taken (hopefully) no later than July it will just say N/A as it should

P.S. I do not think my commander needs any help
http://www.cadetstuff.org/archives/000093.html#000093

Lets ask ourselves a few questions here.
1. What was the original intent of this thread?
2. Does this conversation need to be taken else were?
3. Are we getting anywhere going back and forward like this?

USAFAUX2004 said:
P.S. I do not think my commander needs any help
http://www.cadetstuff.org/archives/000093.html#000093

Ok nor do I
http://www.cadetstuff.org/archives/000336.html#000336

So who cares. Do what you want to do I know the rules and so do others here.

alliehz said:
Lets ask ourselves a few questions here.
1. What was the original intent of this thread?
2. Does this conversation need to be taken else were?
3. Are we getting anywhere going back and forward like this?

1. Post yer ribbons
2. Only if you want to discuss the lack of integrity in people
3. Nope, so lets get back to 'Post yer ribbons'

Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
This is sad, I've got my Curry Ribbon, thats it.
If thats what you earned, why is it sad? Be proud of that ribbon, it means you achieved something, and you have taken your first step in the cadet program. You'll get more ribbons if you work at it just like you worked to get the one you have.

Ok, I'm starting to sound like a motivational speaker now :roll:

Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
This is sad, I've got my Curry Ribbon, thats it.

When I was a C/Amn I always wanted to be one of those officers that had all those cool things. And I remember what was said to me, "They all started where you are, so no one is different. You can make it".

Just remember we all started there, I just happened to get my solo wings with my curry...

Back