Post a Picture of Yourself!

Thanks :) My oldest son served 6 years as an ET nuke also (he was on the Nimitz), he is out now and working to be a lawyer of all things :bang:

Thanks :) My oldest son served 6 years as an ET nuke also (he was on the Nimitz), he is out now and working to be a lawyer of all things :bang:
Could've been worse; he could be out trying to become a fighter pilot instead. ;-) Nice pic, and welcome aboard NCCM.

Last edited:
Oh, what the heck. At my wedding, I got the chance to pin a medal on my uncle, who served as a Marine from 1950-1953. He didn't have any of his awards from when he served, so I was able to get a copy of his DD-214 and checked -- weird as it is, the only award listed on there was the National Defense Service Medal (I'm sure he had more, but if it's not on the DD-214...), so I went down to the uniform shop and picked one up.

After our photography session was finished, I then proceeded to completely blow him away by re-awarding him the medal:

062307PaulMedal.jpg

And yes, he's an uncle by marriage, not by blood. :p

Last edited:
Oh, what the heck. At my wedding, I got the chance to pin a medal on my uncle, who served as a Marine from 1950-1953. He didn't have any of his awards from when he served, so I was able to get a copy of his DD-214 and checked -- weird as it is, the only award listed on there was the National Defense Service Medal (I'm sure he had more, but if it's not on the DD-214...), so I went down to the uniform shop and picked one up.
Medals and awards didn't seem to have the priority back then they have today. Sir, great job! You made his day, and mine. :)

Just because I'm a pic *****. :-D

LCDR_Promo3.jpg

At my promotion ceremony to LCDR. L-R: RADM Kenneth Moritsugu, USPHS (Acting Surgeon General of the United States), me, my mom, and RADM W. Craig Vanderwagen, USPHS (Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response).

Me.jpg

^^^Me burning up at the Machine Gun Range^^^

249.jpg

^^^Me qualifying with the 249. Kentucky Windage is the best.^^^

Last edited:
Back