Post a Picture of Yourself!

Nice pics, Missileer. I particularly liked the "Army Training" one. Brings me back to those days although the pillbox cap was gone by the time I got my "pickle suit".

I never noticed before but in the flag raising pic, I had forgotten my name plate on my khakis. The kids were a little more patriotic back then. The teacher didn't have to tell them to put their hands over their heart, they were accustomed to doing it when they said the pledge of allegiance every morning.

Charge_7 said:
Nice pics, Missileer. I particularly liked the "Army Training" one. Brings me back to those days although the pillbox cap was gone by the time I got my "pickle suit".

Also notice the open frame belt buckles. We also changed from combat boots with capped toe and heel. They were sure easier to spit shine.

Oh, that open frame belt buckle is still used today, Missileer, or at least it was right up until I retired back in the '90s. Combat boots look just like the "Wrigleys" I wore. Those have changed though - at least twice. Looks like I'm going back in btw. You _know_ you're an old fart when your career has spanned three different fatigue uniforms. :lol:

Purple. Yes. Purple.

soldierstads.jpg

the_13th_redneck said:
Oh great, yeah, turn your face around like that. That's really helpful in picking you out of a crowd. :lol:
<<
>>
It's all part of my master plan....

Missileer said:
The kids were a little more patriotic back then. The teacher didn't have to tell them to put their hands over their heart, they were accustomed to doing it when they said the pledge of allegiance every morning.

I have a 7 year old daughter, and I am in her classroom in the mornings during the pledge, they all put their hands over their hearts still. Thank goodness.

Here are two pictures of myself, taken in August 2004. My hair is longer now...I asked for it to be shorter and boy did I get it. :oops: LOL.

http://www.albumtown.com/showpic.php?uuid=14817&aid=17154&pid=215020

This is one at Cedar Point, my cousin and I were traveling on that...um the ski liftish thing.

http://www.albumtown.com/showpic.php?aid=17154&pid=215021&uuid=14817

This is one of my bro and I, and no, he doesn't look that bad, I blurred his face out. I'm the one with the Tinkerbell on my shirt...:shock:...my hair was short....

Serenity :dive:

Back