Post a Picture of Yourself! - Page 149

--
Boots

July 8th, 2007  
philam15

Very nice NavyCS!
July 8th, 2007  
NavyCS

Thanks My oldest son served 6 years as an ET nuke also (he was on the Nimitz), he is out now and working to be a lawyer of all things
July 8th, 2007  
The Other Guy

exccellent photo.
--
Boots
July 9th, 2007  
Fox

Cool pic, NavyCS.

And AJ, congulations for the wedding.
July 9th, 2007  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyCS
Thanks My oldest son served 6 years as an ET nuke also (he was on the Nimitz), he is out now and working to be a lawyer of all things
Could've been worse; he could be out trying to become a fighter pilot instead. Nice pic, and welcome aboard NCCM.
July 11th, 2007  
AJChenMPH

Oh, what the heck. At my wedding, I got the chance to pin a medal on my uncle, who served as a Marine from 1950-1953. He didn't have any of his awards from when he served, so I was able to get a copy of his DD-214 and checked -- weird as it is, the only award listed on there was the National Defense Service Medal (I'm sure he had more, but if it's not on the DD-214...), so I went down to the uniform shop and picked one up.

After our photography session was finished, I then proceeded to completely blow him away by re-awarding him the medal:

And yes, he's an uncle by marriage, not by blood.
July 13th, 2007  
Team Infidel

great pics.... thanks for sharing
July 13th, 2007  
NavyCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJChenMPH
Oh, what the heck. At my wedding, I got the chance to pin a medal on my uncle, who served as a Marine from 1950-1953. He didn't have any of his awards from when he served, so I was able to get a copy of his DD-214 and checked -- weird as it is, the only award listed on there was the National Defense Service Medal (I'm sure he had more, but if it's not on the DD-214...), so I went down to the uniform shop and picked one up.
Medals and awards didn't seem to have the priority back then they have today. Sir, great job! You made his day, and mine.
July 15th, 2007  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyCS
Sir, great job! You made his day, and mine.
Thanks, NCCM! Glad you got a kick out of it. My uncle is usually quite verbose (he's a Pastor), but this time I left him totally speechless.
July 18th, 2007  
Team Infidel

that's cool.....