Post a picture of your pet

This is actually my girlfriend's cat, but you can see he's taken a liking to me, which is a good sign!

SampsonMeSM.jpg

Sampson is about 9 years old. My g/f is trained as a veterinarian, though she doesn't practice full-time as one (she works part-time as a vet for fun). When she was in business school, she worked part-time for a large veterinary practice in Philadelphia -- one of her regular clients had found him on the streets after a pretty viscious catfight and brought him in to be treated. In order to properly clean and treat his wounds, she and her team had to shave off all the hair on his head and neck, hence the name Sampson. But for those of you in the know, the Biblical person of the same name is spelled "Samson", not "Sampson" -- so I tease her (since she goes to church regularly) that she and her team misspelled his name. :lol:

Sampson turned out to be FIV-positive (the feline equivalent of HIV), so he can't really be around other animals. When it came time for him to be adopted, my g/f was the only person who was willing to adopt him that didn't have another pet at home, so Sampson became part of her family.

He's very affectionate (though it took him about four years to break out of "scared and always hiding" mode), and often snuggles up to my armpit while we're in bed -- he'll crawl up into the crook of my armpit, lay down, and then put his chin on my shoulder and go to sleep. He doesn't like to crawl into laps, though, and hates it when you pick him up. And for a cat, he's also a bit of a klutz! :lol:

About two weeks ago, I stopped at my g/f's place on my way from NYC to DC (the movers had just picked up my furniture) to have dinner with her before I came the rest of the way -- I beat her home, and found Sampson on the bed, yawning because I had just woken him up. So I hopped on the bed with him, turned on the TV and stretched out. He got up from his spot, came over, and plopped into the crook of my right armpit. We both fell asleep, and my g/f arrived to find two sleeping bodies on her bed. :lol: She tried to find her camera, but both Sampson and I woke up before she could find it -- it's too bad, actually, it would have been a really cute picture!

Yes, he's spoiled. :oops:

Last edited:
Annie, my chubby Rat Terrier. Should have named her Freckles but she was black and white when I bought her.
AnnieSheilaKnous.jpg

Picture076.jpg

The dog is kitty, the grey and white cat thats walking is charlie (hes the neighborhood bully, beat up a cat that is 3 times his weight) and the last cat is rosie (shes dead)

Can't afford pics of pets.

With two adult female cats, nine kittens (less than 1 yr old), one male French Poodle (age 10 yr old), one wife (don't dare tell how old), one cranky neighbor lady who comes over for coffee every single day (age=old), hundreds and hundreds of small birds (feed sunflower seeds via bird feeders - fill feeders every other day), 20-40 wild turkeys every few days (sunflower seeds which have fallen to the ground), at least a dozen burrowing critters (moles/voles/etc) and assorted neighbor's visiting pets - various kinds)........

Phew!
Can't afford to take pictures of my pets. Too busy paying for food to feed the menagerie.

Note: Wife and neighbor lady require the most $.

Expensive

Let's figure this one out:

13 years X 52 weeks X 5 days (avg # visits) X 3 cups of coffee X 12.5 cents a cup = $1267.50 and still climbing.

Above figure does not include coffee for her family members who are visiting nor does it include the price of tea or other beverages on those rare occasions when something other than coffee is desired. Many times the wife will serve a light snack that is not included in my estimates.

(13 X 52 X 5 X 3 X $.125 = $1267.50) + other incidentals

Expensive enough???

Here are my two dogs.

This one is Tyson,

DSCN0139.jpg

And this is my sister holding my other dog Rocky

DSCN0131.jpg

BTW we didn't name the dogs, their old owners were boxing fans.

Last edited:
Bump to the top. My g/f is now my fiancée, and Sampson is as lazy as ever.

SampsonBed.jpg

I seriously want to come back reincarnated as him.

I got 2 dogs....and 3 cats.

Bud: Dalmation
Sable: Collie-short haired

Cats
Button: Siamese...Not too thin Not too Just normal
Rainbow: er....I think grey, black, and white are mixed up...She's a fighter. She has fought with raccoon, possum, little dog, and other cat
Garfield: Just exactly like Garfield. He's fat, meowing all the time....Just like GARFIELD!

Back