Post a picture of your pet

Wow, I think Sampson would be honored. :)

And if MySpace won't let you do it, create a page for them over on Friendster.

man i want a pet.. i have a pet in maple story.. a husky lol..
maybe infidel can make a dogspace.com or petspace or something.. a place for pet owners.. hah.. ull make millions! lol

Wow, I think Sampson would be honored. :)

And if MySpace won't let you do it, create a page for them over on Friendster.

Lt, Sir....he's a cat. He couldn't care less. :mrgreen:

I still don't understand why MySpace won't let you do a page there...they let everyone else have a page. Why not out pets? :roll:

spa0002ms4.jpg

it ran away :( had him for a year.. ran away like 5 month ago..
:( i think it ran cuz we didnt take care of him well :(

Meet Sweetheart.

Now, how could you resist a girl with eyelashes like that?

sweetheart.jpg

Camels are some of the most poorly understood animals on earth. They smell no worse than a dog or a horse, and are for the most part even tempered and predictable.

It is a very poor decision to seriously mistreat a camel, as they have long memories and can easily kill a person whom they dislike. Well treated, they make marvellous companions and become real characters.

Sweetheart just LOVES pepperoni pizza and Crown mints (A hot peppermint candy) she can smell one in my pocket 100 metres away.

sweetheart.jpg

It is a very poor decision to seriously mistreat a camel, as they have long memories and can easily kill a person whom they dislike. Well treated, they make marvellous companions and become real characters.

indeed. Camels do tend to have a very excellent memory, that they even might take revenge on a particular person who has done something that angered the camel a long long time ago.

Ships of the deserts! :D

It is true that they can kick bite and spit but they can also be incredibly gentle.

Some years ago I was sucking a crown mint as I was cleaning her paddock and she just followed me everywhere until I stopped to see what she wanted. She put her nose right up to my face and gently nuzzled me, so, as a joke held the mint in my lips to see if that was what she was after. Sure enough, she gently took it between her lips and then chewed it up.

She just loves human company and I occasionally let her into the house yard. My wife used to be very wary of her until one day when she was on her hands and knees weeding the clover out of the lawn, I let sweetheart into the yard, and she would stand patiently alongside Shirl waiting for her to pull out the clover, then she would take it from her hand and eat it, they have been the best of mates ever since. If I stand in her paddock talking to someone she will often come over behind me and put her head on my shoulder as if to let the person know, "he's mine"... and I guess I am.

Sometimes city visitors passing by on the road will stop to have a look at her. As soon as they stop she will walk quietly over to the fence and if they stand still, she will gently sniff their breath and give them a going over, as she is doing in the photo. Unfortunately most people are to afraid to let her get that close.

I guess that just about describes her perfectly,.... "Cool". Camels are real individuals.

Ahhh, but those eyelashes are to die for. :lol: she's a character.

Now THAT's a cool pet. :) My fiancée and I took a camel ride out in Ayers Rock/Uluru about a year and a half ago, and they're very cool animals.

sweetheart.jpg

Camels are some of the most poorly understood animals on earth. They smell no worse than a dog or a horse, and are for the most part even tempered and predictable.

Sweetheart just LOVES pepperoni pizza and Crown mints (A hot peppermint candy) she can smell one in my pocket 100 metres away.

Oh wow you got a camel I love camels :p

By the way, update on Sampson: he did the same thing again on Thursday (lie down on a pair of jeans) as my fiancée and I were packing for a long weekend trip. Then, when we got back last night, he refused to let us sleep, constantly begging for attention. *sigh*

Anyways, he's sleeping on the bed, snoring no less, as I type this. My BlackBerry alarm just went off, and he didn't even stir. :)

ah no pet for me (yet). won't allow anything but fish to live in dorm rooms. my sister does have a beta fish at home, but for a fish, he's kinda lazy.

It is true that they can kick bite and spit but they can also be incredibly gentle.

Some years ago I was sucking a crown mint as I was cleaning her paddock and she just followed me everywhere until I stopped to see what she wanted. She put her nose right up to my face and gently nuzzled me, so, as a joke held the mint in my lips to see if that was what she was after. Sure enough, she gently took it between her lips and then chewed it up.

She just loves human company and I occasionally let her into the house yard. My wife used to be very wary of her until one day when she was on her hands and knees weeding the clover out of the lawn, I let sweetheart into the yard, and she would stand patiently alongside Shirl waiting for her to pull out the clover, then she would take it from her hand and eat it, they have been the best of mates ever since. If I stand in her paddock talking to someone she will often come over behind me and put her head on my shoulder as if to let the person know, "he's mine"... and I guess I am.

Sometimes city visitors passing by on the road will stop to have a look at her. As soon as they stop she will walk quietly over to the fence and if they stand still, she will gently sniff their breath and give them a going over, as she is doing in the photo. Unfortunately most people are to afraid to let her get that close.

impressive ;)
Hey can you take more pics of the camel?
Oh and what type of camel is it (Bactrian ?)? and how did you accuire the animal? :smil:
Oh and about their eye lashes. It is said that they have the ability to close their eyes and still be able to see (in case of storms etc..) Interesting

Last edited:
She is a dromedary (one humped camel) Bactrians are not found in Australia except in the Zoo.

I acquired her on free lease from the police officer at a small town about 25 miles away. So in fact she is not actually mine, but I can do anything I wish with her other than sell her. She was initially leased to me several years ago because feed was almost non existant where she was being kept and I had plenty. I had known Don her owner for a few years and he was quite surprised how well I worked with his other camels, when I used to help him move them around the countryside.

He also knew that Sweetheart was my favourite, so when feed became a problem he asked if I would take her on free lease. The main reason for this being that several times he had asked if I wanted to keep her, and I said that I thought that my wife might object, (I had just got rid of my last horse, and the wife had ideas for the back paddock) By taking her on free lease I could always bring her back if need be.

Such is the case at the moment, as we are in the middle of what the "experts" are calling a one in a thousand year drought, so at present she is up at Don's property about 100 miles north of here where she has been let loose with her old family to fend for herself in the bush. The price of feed has skyrocketed locally if you can find a farmer who will sell it to you.

I will go through my photos and find a few shots and post them shortly.

Back