Post a picture of your pet

Tell me about it. We had sooty grey one a couple of years ago, grey hair everywhere, plus combing and brushing every night to remove tangles and grass seeds. Definitely not a country cat.

Aside from those stuff, their mooshy (correct spelling?) face and nose is a mess and causes them eye infections. And vet bills are bad as u know.

So although I love all persian cats, I think I dont want to have any thing to do with them cuz they are very expensive in terms of care and needs.

I m happy with my own one yr old kitty!

My sister's are also 3 months old. But they're in Iran. I mean my family still lives there.

Here's my last horse (Snookie), which unfortunately went to that great cattle muster in the sky about seven years ago.
snookie.jpg

I rescued him from going to the meat works. He was an unhandled eight year old brumby (mustang) stallion caught on a cattle station several hundred miles north of my home. He is a typical Australian stockhorse, big boned for heavy work with a dash of standardbred for endurance. Man, he could really cover some country. Not all that fast but just wouldn't stop, uphill or down.

This photo was taken by my wife because she thought that it was the last she would ever see of me. I had bought him a month previously and had him trucked to the local stock yards where he was gelded, rested and broken in. I'd only shod him that morning and this was his first public outing, I was taking him down to the local kids pony club as many of them had been watching me work him in the yards over the previous two weeks. He was quite a handful at the start.

Eventually he became one of the better known horses in our district, he taught dozens of kids to ride and was as honest as the day is long. Many a local kid got their first ride on him by leading him over to the stockyard fence and scrambling up on his back. Out mustering he was in his element and would sink his shoulder into any beast that strayed from the mob.

With out a doubt my best stockhorse.

Last edited:
Yep, he was a "Keeper", (not to be sold).

The reason Shirl was so anxious about me riding him that day, was that she saw him come off the truck the day he arrived home. Whoo hoooo, he bucked and snorted around the yard for five minutes hardly touching the ground and was lathered white all over. Then of course she used to hear of my day in the yards with him, he certainly was a "Grumpy" one in the beginning, in fact that was nearly what he ended up being named. I have a tradition no horse is named until he gets shod for his first time, if you've ever shod a newly broken horse you'll know why.:D

By this time he had gotten most of the testosterone out of his system and was starting to show his true colours, duly judged to be a "bl**dy big Snook" pron. Schnuk (Softie) he got the name Snookie and he lived up to it, he just got better and better. Nothing worried him, he was as steady as a rock, "bombproof" as we say in Australia. Always my first pick to go mustering.

Last edited:
I think we all have our favourites even though we try to treat them all the same. Every now and then you come across a real "diamond".

I love the feed in your photos, it's the middle of winter here and it's still dry.

phoenix, that's one tolerant cat you've got there. I can barely get Sampson to stay still if I pick him up.

And those are all beautiful horses...I miss riding...

thanks AJ....I havent been able to go like id like to bc i had been working 2 jobs...but now that im loosing both ill have plenty of time lol

Thank you all for your kind comments.

...but id love to have some cold weather right now lol...its just sooo hot here right now
Yeah, we're headed that way now, with days in the low 70s, It'll come soon enough. I just hope we get some decent rain before it does.

sam here... and i caught a cold too!
Summer colds are hard to shake. Fortunately I haven't had one for many years (no bug would dare to attack me) I'm over weight and don't really get enough exercise, but as fit as a Mallee bull medically with good cholesterol limits, it drives my Doctor to distraction.

Here's another pic of Snookie about to go to work on a local property. You will notice that I am riding him with just a halter and lead rope. He didn't need a bit, and so when going droving all day i would do this so he could snatch a mouthful of feed as he went along.

I apologise for the crappy photos, but it is scanned off of an old slide and the emulsion is starting to break down, meaning that I cant get it to focus clearly. The heat has ruined many of my old slides.
snookie2a.jpg

post-picture-your-pet-page30-t17545.html

Last edited:
Yeah.. but once I SWEAT, it will be gone. The thing is that i live in a fridge. my A/C is always on 24/7 and I dont like the heat but my mistake, I should have covered myself last night

Back