Post; Which countries can influence the global strategic balance the most?

Questions
I want to know who everyone thinks
1) influence the global strategic balance the most.
2) are the world's military powers most able to deploy the most firepower, troops, aircraft, ships

Answers

1) I certainly think when it comes to who can influence the global strategic balance the most through sheer military power are America and Russia because they maintain the largest firepower and military industries on the face of the earth and they alone have the power to destroy the world.

2)A.America and Russia
B.China
C.France and Germany
D.Britain and India
E.Japan and Italy
F.North Korea and Iran
G.Pakistan and Israel
H. ........

Please I would love to know everyone's answers to both parts of my questions and what they think.

Questions
I want to know who everyone thinks
1) influence the global strategic balance the most.
2) are the world's military powers most able to deploy the most firepower, troops, aircraft, ships

Answers

1) I certainly think when it comes to who can influence the global strategic balance the most through sheer military power are America and Russia because they maintain the largest firepower and military industries on the face of the earth and they alone have the power to destroy the world.

2)A.America and Russia
B.China
C.France and Germany
D.Britain and India
E.Japan and Italy
F.North Korea and Iran
G.Pakistan and Israel
H. ........

Please I would love to know everyone's answers to both parts of my questions and what they think.

1) I am not sure whether I would describe the USA as an "influential" nation or an "influenced" nation because they tend to react to circumstances as opposed to creating them.
In terms of influencing the strategic balance I think you have to look at the second tier nations on the world stage, places like Pakistan, India, North Korea, Israel etc. who's actions drive the responses of Russia, USA and China.

2) Clearly USA, Russia and China have the greatest capacity to deploy the most firepower after that I am not sure the numbers or nations really matter because nations such as France, Germany or Britain do not have capacity to carry out or support long term military operation as their infrastructure is not designed for it.

Well, I think that the USA and russia caused a lot of things that smaller countries did. The knowing that a super power will support or oppose amove you make influences countries like Israel and others.

As far as what countries can put the most fire power and largest noumbers, those are kind of seperate issues. The North Korean army is huge, but it dose not have the firepower of smaller armies, like the UK or Israel. Firepower, as i see it is the abilty to hit and destroy alot of targets at a short time, Countries that have high precision weapons like MLRS and PGMs can create much more firepower.
As to noumbers I believe those can easily be found online, but are very misleading. The UK army is smaller than the German army, but the German army dose not enjoy the support of a navy with aircraft carriers, and cannot operate on its own away from its physical borders. Israel has a very well equipped and fairly large military force, but it cannot field a a ground force anywhere that is too far.

Hello everyone!
First time on this forum, I want first to say that I'm civilian (not in the military in any way). And I have a lot of respect for the people who fight (to put it simple).

English is not my first language, so sorry if you see some errors. I'm working on it.

It's a very interesting topic. The topic is "Which countries can influence the global strategic balance the most"...
To be accurate, we need a definition of "global strategic balance" but also of "influence"...
Excuse me if I take the long path, but to have good answers, we need good questions first.

Countries like France are labeled "second diplomatic network"... It means that they have a huge diplomatic influence. Second to the US and its diplomatic network.

so, in this case, even if France doesnt have a huge military force and the ability to send it far from its coasts... They have an important diplomatic influence. should we put the diplomatic power in the balance? and what about the economic power? because countries like China have a huge economic power.
and there is also the financial power, like in countries like Saudi Arabia. this country alone controls a huge part of the US economy... and the best parts I have to say.
and there is also the political power. A small country like Israel have a huge control on the US government. A large and active part of the US population loves Israel for religious reasons. and if any US government does any move against Israel, he will have plenty of active political groups working against him.

I think that all these things have to be taken into account. Israel is a great exemple. It have a lot of influence on the US. and I think that we can all agree that the USA are the most influencial when it comes to the strategic balance.

and I also have to add that Russia is a little behind in the list. but it's starting to wake up. the big red giant is waking up.

thanks for your time, and I'm curious to read your reactions.

Welcome aboard LeMask, you are right countries like France have a strong diplomatic base but I believe France's diplomatic base except for its veto power in the UN will not have a major effect on the global strategic balance of power. Countries like Israel do have huge political influence in the U.S., Britain and certain European countries but that is as far as their diplomatic or political muscle goes they are greatly despised across the rest of the world.

Militarily these are the reason why I put Russia up their:
1)Russia is militarily stronger and more capable than any nation on that list except America
2)Russia has the ability to destroy the world and no other nation on that list except America has that capability.
3) Russia has the capability to build its own missiles, nuclear subs, aircraft carriers, destroyers, cruisers, frigates, satellites, ICBM, SLBM, cruise missiles, nuclear bombers, fighter jets, fighter bombers, interceptors, air defense systems, tanks, anti-tank missiles, and anything you can imagine, tell me what other country except America on that list I made that can design, build, and operate their the systems i mentioned that Russia is capable of?

Economically speaking Russia has the second largest oil reserve and the largest natural gas reserves in the world, it is the second largest defense exporter, it has huge mineral deposits from Uranium, nickel, different metals, it has over 600 billion in hard currency and gold reserves so with just that Russia can cause havoc in the world economic stability if it wished so without lifting a finger militarily.

Politically speaking Russia has a veto power, it is America's biggest competitor globally for influence, it is need to solve global problems in which without it would not be solved ranging from North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Cuba, Venezuela, Eastern Europe, Caucuses, the Indian-Pakistan conflicts, Sudan, Somalia and the Arab-Israeli conflicts just to name a few. So all this I have said is a testament to Russia's political and economical sway over the world.

Back