Possible World Peace in 1700s???

Tovarish1

Think about this, during the 1700s, Britain ruled pretty much the world. They ruled America, India, Australia, and the entire Middle East. If the UK still ruled those countries, it could all be ONE country, so there'd be no wars in the Middle East. They could've made a big difference if they didn't let those colonies go (not that I'm a loyalist or anything it's just it could've been a really cool result.) So pretty much, America, Middle East, Australia, and India would be connected as one country so there'd be no wars over oil or over religion you know?

But there would still be those whose ideals conflicted with those of the rulers. There will always be rebels...

Last edited:
Well see here's the thing, I don't think that would be the case because take Russia for example, Russia's never had problems with Britain, Sure WW1 or WW2 wouldn't have been avoided but at least with a big country like that the World Wars would've been MUCH easier to fight because of more man power. Those would've been the only major wars with a country as big as the UK empire.

Spain!

...check up on it... Sun never went down in the kingdom, and the battles were fierce...

Rattler

Not entire world peace but the wars that were inevitable would've at least been easier to fight once again, because of the man power.

Again, there would always be those people INSIDE THE COUNTRY who have a natural instinct to fight oppression/authority. I'm not saying major world wars, I'm talking about guerilla warfare... That similar to the American Revolution. Not huge standing armies, just a bunch of people fed up with being treated badly.

Yeah you gotta point there. Crime doesn't take a vacation. But only in some parts of the world. It's very rare that that kinda stuff happens in the US. I'm sure you've heard of the Oklahoma City hotel bombing that kinda stuff. In Germany there was a terrorist group called Baader Meinhof Gang (Last name of the two guys who started the group) that happens in Europe a lot. Maybe some in the Middle East because they disagree with Israel being there.

Yeah you gotta point there. Crime doesn't take a vacation. But only in some parts of the world. It's very rare that that kinda stuff happens in the US. I'm sure you've heard of the Oklahoma City hotel bombing that kinda stuff. In Germany there was a terrorist group called Baader Meinhof Gang (Last name of the two guys who started the group) that happens in Europe a lot. Maybe some in the Middle East because they disagree with Israel being there.
He wasn't talking crime, he was talking about revolts from those different than the rulers or having different politics or religion. Oklahoma city was a Federal Govt office building, not a hotel. The bomber thought he was oppressed by our Govt. Baader-Mienhof was ideological. something like 80% of the wotlds wars, internal or external, have Moslems involved one on side or both. Empires usually don't work for long.

Guerilla is a crime. For example, the Holocaust (not to get off topic) but that was a crime, same thing here. War crimes revolt crimes, riots. I think he was talking about riots, those are crimes.

JFDR: Baader: Guy; Meinhof: Gal.

Rattler

Guerilla is a crime. For example, the Holocaust (not to get off topic) but that was a crime, same thing here. War crimes revolt crimes, riots. I think he was talking about riots, those are crimes.

Wow, boy, plz get your (verbal) concepts and notions straight:

Guerilla, Holocaust, Terrorism, War Crimes, Riots, Revolts, Pirates: Sounds like you think this is all the same?

If so, why would one use different words to describe them?

Or - granting you *did* actually diferentiate - how did you come to the conlusion those notions do actually *mean* the same?

THINK!

Rattler

Oh really? Because there was this one guy named Andreas Baader. Thought it must of been his last name. But yeah the point is is that there would be no MAJOR war (or very little of them) but yeah within the nation there would be stuff like that. I was talking about world peace not peace within the country.

I don't wanna make myself sound right because it's a pussy thing to do but I was giving examples of what happens WITHIN (or maybe around the coasts of the country) piracy(which I never even mentioned), guerilla (which I didn't mention UNTIL the other guy mentioned so I wasn't the first one) I mean yeah I know what they all mean but I'm talking about the 1700s here and I'm talking about what could've happend without some of the major wars that would've happened. But no I KNOW it's not all the same.

I don't wanna make myself sound right because it's a pussy thing to do but I was giving examples of what happens WITHIN (or maybe around the coasts of the country) piracy(which I never even mentioned), guerilla (which I didn't mention UNTIL the other guy mentioned so I wasn't the first one) I mean yeah I know what they all mean but I'm talking about the 1700s here and I'm talking about what could've happend without some of the major wars that would've happened. But no I KNOW it's not all the same.

I apologize, my reaction was a bit out of line.

Rattler

Back