It it possible

Hello,
yeah, I am Nepalese young guy...is it possible to join in Norway military force.

Hello Nepal.

I am afraid that your wish could be difficult to accomplish, while Nepalese soldiers has an outstanding reputation from Ghurka-units all over the world, Norway never had any practice of recruiting from other nationalities.
The only exeption from that, as far as I know, is a number of people from neighbouring countries like Iceland, who doesn't have any military service of their own.

Norwegian service is de-facto compulsary, based on conscription, but with an option to sign on a contract for further service after compulsary duty ends.
While Norwegian military service is based on fully equal rights for both genders, any religion, and all ethnic groups, it's still restricted to Norwegian citizens.

I suppose the Norwegian embassy in New Dehli (India) could provide more information about this subject, but in general it's complicated.

Maybe there are other nations military forces that could be easier for you to find a place?

Good luck anyway! :)

Back