Possible Navy Recruit

goostercheer32

I've been in contact with the local recruiters. I've taken my ASVAB (scored an 80, whatever that means) I'm hoping to get some insight about where I stand in the job field. I'm wishing for IS, MC, OS or AC. Does anyone have input on what those feilds are really like. I.E. the advancement rate. The recruiters have only good things to say...but that's pretty much their job!

Thanks in advance!!

Well, those are very varied rates. You should first decide where your interests truly lie: if you're miserable as an MC, for example, it isn't going to matter how high the advancement rates are.

While advancement data per rank isn't easy to find, generally about 20% of the available personnel who are eligible for advancement will be promoted in a given cycle (6 months). Advancements have been going down due to the recession: more people stay in = less slots available.

If you have any questions about any of those rates, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread. I have direct experience with all of them except IS, and I have sources I can check for that one if I need to.

Back