Poser?

moving0target

I'm fairly certain simply talking to this guy that he's full of it, but let me lay out his claims for the experts.

First the facts:

He graduated college in 2006 with a four year degree.

He is now 24.

The claims:

2Lt. USAF

Part of a Special Tactics Squadron.

Has completed 2 six month tours in Iraq.

So he claims to have completed all training and a pair of six month deployments in two years. Possible?

Edit: Just a point of clarification; this is someone I am acquainted with by sources other than this forum.

Last edited:
The college part and the fact that he says he's still a 2LT after two years probably means it's a fake. But I can't really judge from that.

The college part and the fact that he says he's still a 2LT after two years probably means it's a fake. But I can't really judge from that.
I don't know about that... Marion Military Institute gives 2Lt stripes in 2 years, then pays for your other 2 at a 4 year school.

Ask him for more information about what a Special Tactics Squadron is?

I'm in the Army and I worked with and for the Air Force Security Forces for 2 years and never heard of such a thing. Sounds something like and ERT or SWAT but can't be sure.

In most cases 2LT's get bumped to 1LT after a year without killing themselves or someone else. If the screw up enough to not get promoted then it usually means that they are on their way out anyway.
I suspect that your "friend" is full of it because 2LT's are not normally selected for "special" units due to the fact that they lack experience and judgement.

That's my 2 cents.

Special Tactics Squadrons are apparently groups of Combat Controllers and PJ's. I looked that up so I know they exist. I'm not sure if I can mention which one he claims to be a part of, but it is a real unit. A Combat Controller I'm friends with attempted to pump the poser for info on other members of the unit, CO's and the like, but his attempts were rebuffed.

In my case I could have been lieutenant with 21 years (I started with 1 1/2 years basic military service and then started officers career), I entered the forces with 17 - so it would be possible (speaking of german military), now I'll be ready for deployment approx 2010/11 (age 24/25)

Example: me entering with 17 years/ german air force:
age 17: entry
- 3 month basic training
- 9 month officers school
- 3 years university
- 3 month officers school
- 6 month infantry school
- 15 month until the platoon is ready and will be deployed/ with a platoon already combat ready it takes approx 3 to 6 month to get deployed
--> 5-6 years in total --> age= 22-23, rank= 1st Lt.

This is for the German Air Force Supporting Regiment (deployed in Mazar-e-sharif), as they lack officers the deployment will most likely be shortly after taking the command of a platoon.

as for my Regiment it would be possible but not most likely because only few enter with 17 and most get assigned to training regiments before entering the ground combat supporting regiments, I'm already combat ready for afghanistan which means I will most likely enter my regiment again after my time at the university- I'll be 24/25 years old I guess.

Last edited:
Chain of command isn't classified information for that kind of unit.

In most cases, You can talk about what you do. You don;t specifically mention the unit, chain of command or anythingthe might be considered sensitive. As to your friend being rebuffed, if this Poser is the real deal he wouldn;t talk about it anyway.

My dad was a sumbariner and I asked him about somethings that I read about in a book. He wouldn't talk about it even though he had been retired for 10 years.

In most cases, You can talk about what you do. You don;t specifically mention the unit, chain of command or anythingthe might be considered sensitive. As to your friend being rebuffed, if this Poser is the real deal he wouldn;t talk about it anyway.

My dad was a sumbariner and I asked him about somethings that I read about in a book. He wouldn't talk about it even though he had been retired for 10 years.

Subs are a little different. Their boats are top secret, their propulsion is top secret, their training is top secret, weapons top secret, etc. But I can still hop on the command website and find out exactly who the CO, XO and COB are in about thirty seconds. I can also find out similar information about SEAL teams in a little more time. It's a matter of public record. We're not talking about Deltas here.

Doesn't matter. You just keep your mouth shut for just about everything, especially if the information is current.

Exactly so........ Simply a case of being circumspect, saying nothing is the easiest thing to do, so this fellow is obviously:

a: stupid
b: big-noting himself for reasons known only to him
c: damn stupid
d: a waste of space

Back