Portal seas, who controls them?

Chocobo_Blitzer

I am talking of the Mediterranean and Black seas.

It got me wondering, from Gladius's topic about a united Islam invading Europe. Exactly how would they get across?

How do the navies of Greece, Turkey, and Egpyt compare? Or for that matter, Libya, Israel, or Syria?

Or the Black Sea navies? Russia, Bulgaria, Rumania, Ukraine, and Turkey once again.

Eh? :?:

they could go by land africa, then swim to spain and then thru the west to east. Because they cannot make it thru the east

Hmmm..well maybee they could just take a redeye flight into europe?

Im sure that with their resources the purchase of a small airfleet to ge behind the line of march...would probably do them just fine.

or does everyone have to invade europe the old fashioned way?

well i wasnt thinking of paratroopers..just a good old fashioned land the plane discharge the forces get an air head going expand it and then when you had the behind the lines area secure...start the frontal rampage.

not everything has to get down that way....think of 10-14 civillian wide body air liners..all going into one airport at once discharging ground forces..and a couple of command and control aircraft above.... :D

well it could go that way, but i think Europe would be kinda freaked out by 2500 pasangers all with arab names

Human Rights Watch

International Law

Children's convention = Can be very effective killers don´t forget that

Genevakonvension

EU Commission of human rights

UN

Democracy

Our opend society

EU Catholics demonised and banned from importent assignments (Rocco Buttiglione)

The political correct public demands on private individuals

Here you have your bridge over the sea ports and to the final takeover. Sorry to say this, but good things can be used by our enemies any day. The Italians were probably the only hope for a standing protection against this type of invaders. Well thank you media, thank you leftwing, thank you the Green Party, gay/lesbian organisations for this way of popularity hunt for self interest. * Bowes to the audience twice* :roll:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

I agree with Doc S.
There's more elements to geography than you think.
That is simply how the invasion will take place. Also with the demands for labor and the low birth rates of local native Europeans that will be a huge pull factor for the North African and Mid Eastern people.
No one's going to come running in conventionally any time soon.
And remember, for a lot of the Mosques and Islam groups in Europe, their mission is to maintain the religious belief of those who arrive, prevent assimilation and eventually, convert the local populous into Islam.

I guess the ports and the seas are controlled by us. But we still let a lot of people through.
The invasion ships are not massive destroyers, but trawlers and small boats made of wood.

I find it hard to see anyone invading anyone at all. Today we have missiles that will destroy any rebelion or invasion force by air, water or land

I know there is an official international law regarding oceans and seas. I believe its 20 miles (dunno in kilometers) from the coast that is considered to be owned by a nation. Not sure what the rules are for locations where there is more cramped space along borders.

The Black Sea has long been dominated by the Soviet Union, though I haven't kept up with the more recent developments.

godofthunder9010 said:
I know there is an official international law regarding oceans and seas. I believe its 20 miles (dunno in kilometers) from the coast that is considered to be owned by a nation. Not sure what the rules are for locations where there is more cramped space along borders.

The Black Sea has long been dominated by the Soviet Union, though I haven't kept up with the more recent developments.

I think its 12 miles and then its international waters. which means atleast 13 miles are under radar (hopefully) and if they are not then thats where the invasion should happen. (I don't believe that the balkans have their radars)

You're right, its 12 nautical miles for full territorial rights, however there is a 200 mile jurisdiction of natural resources. It was hard to find a link for it, and then I closed it for some reason.

I don't see any good reason for Russia or the former Soviet Union to invade the Balkans, but I suppose they could if they wanted.

Back