Portal seas, who controls them? - Page 2

--

October 24th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

So no bad guy version of Normandy?
October 24th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

I find it hard to see anyone invading anyone at all. Today we have missiles that will destroy any rebelion or invasion force by air, water or land
October 24th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I know there is an official international law regarding oceans and seas. I believe its 20 miles (dunno in kilometers) from the coast that is considered to be owned by a nation. Not sure what the rules are for locations where there is more cramped space along borders.

The Black Sea has long been dominated by the Soviet Union, though I haven't kept up with the more recent developments.
--
October 25th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
I know there is an official international law regarding oceans and seas. I believe its 20 miles (dunno in kilometers) from the coast that is considered to be owned by a nation. Not sure what the rules are for locations where there is more cramped space along borders.

The Black Sea has long been dominated by the Soviet Union, though I haven't kept up with the more recent developments.
I think its 12 miles and then its international waters. which means atleast 13 miles are under radar (hopefully) and if they are not then thats where the invasion should happen. (I don't believe that the balkans have their radars)
October 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

You're right, its 12 nautical miles for full territorial rights, however there is a 200 mile jurisdiction of natural resources. It was hard to find a link for it, and then I closed it for some reason.

I don't see any good reason for Russia or the former Soviet Union to invade the Balkans, but I suppose they could if they wanted.