Portable Toolkits

mmarsh

Im thinking of getting a portable toolkit like SwissArmy or Leatherman. I need some basic tools screwdrivers, knives, wire cutters, etc.

Im looking at Leatherman as they seem sturdy. Does anyone know of which Make and model (leatherman and swissarmy have many) is best?

To mods: I hope it was ok to put the thread here, I wasnt sure where else it should go. If you do move it could just PM and let me know? Thanks.

Personally I am using a Gerber and am very satisfied with it, the Leatherman comes in on second place IMO.

Missileer said:
Leatherman Supertool 200 with tool adapter and big leather sheath that will hold both sets.

Are you satisfied with the tool adapter? Mine was useless after a few months and totally worn out (not heavy work that caused it btw).

sunb! said:
Missileer said:
Leatherman Supertool 200 with tool adapter and big leather sheath that will hold both sets.

Are you satisfied with the tool adapter? Mine was useless after a few months and totally worn out (not heavy work that caused it btw).

I hate to hear that because I have only used it once. It pleased me that one time but if it doesn't hold up, I'll give them some bad mouth even though it probably won't do any good.

Always had Leatherman Tools the PST, the Super Tool and the Wave, but than a friend of mine bought a Victorinox Swisstool. Few weeks later i bought me one too and now its my favorite. I always say it´s the Mercedes Benz of the Tools!!!
Ok its heavy, use it one time and you love it!
One example, when you want the screwdriver out of a Leatherman all the stuff like the knife, the saw and the bottle opener came out of it. If you do the same thing on a Swisstool the only thing that comes out is the screwdriver!!!

swisstool.jpg

http://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/product.php?productid=379&cat=259&page=1

Back