Poll: Many say government spying OK within limits

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
By Andy Sullivan WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nearly half of all Americans say the U.S. government's broad surveillance tactics are acceptable within limits, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll on Tuesday that also found widespread concern about the methods that were revealed last week. The poll, conducted from Friday to Tuesday, found that few were completely untroubled by the news that the National Security Agency has been secretly monitoring telephone and Internet activity of millions of Americans. More than one in three of those surveyed said the activity was completely unacceptable. ...

Read more...

The big thing here is that they are doing it without consultation or oversight and therefore there are no limits.

I do find it interesting that nearly half of Americans are now prepared to swap liberty for security.
At the beginning of all this "we needed to do it for security" process I was generally not concerned because I relied on the "I am not doing anything wrong so it doesn't worry me" defense however now we are reaching a point where the government is doing everything but monitoring our bowel movements and using "security" to pass any regulations it decides to no matter how pervasive I am beginning to believe it has gone way too far.

However I don't see any way to stop it now.

Back