Poll: Iran America's Biggest Threat

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Poll: Iran America's Biggest Threat

POSTED: 6:22 pm CST February 7, 2006

WASHINGTON --
Americans now think Iran is the biggest threat to the U.S., according to a new poll.As recently as October, Iraq, China, and North Korea ranked as the most threatening.The Pew Research Center for the People and the Press -- which did the poll -- said among people who've been following recent news about Iran, there's even greater concern.President George W. Bush has been warning about Tehran's nuclear program, which also worries many other countries. The U.N. Security Council is taking it up, which prompted Tehran to order U.N. surveillance gear and seals be removed.The poll found two-thirds or more of Americans think if Iran develops nuclear weapons, it's likely to attack Israel, Europe, or the U.S.There's even greater concern Iran would pass nuclear weapons to terrorists.

Iran_ballistic_missiles.jpg

In a short term-wise, I'd agree that Iran is the US' biggest threat. Their president REALLY does not like the US. Just his declaration that the Holocaust was just a myth really boils my blood....

Funny how the cooky crumbles. First it was the Afghanistan which was the biggest threat and invaded. Then it was Iraq which was the biggest thread and was invaded. Now Iran is the biggest thread........

I do understand why some people in Iran and other Muslim countries start to get the feeling that the US might military intervene. Removing the nuclear thread (which I don't mind) will have long term effects regarding anti American sentiments in the region. I just get this déja vu feeling and wonder which country will be next.

Back