Poll: Four Years After the Fall of the Taliban, Afghans Optimistic About the Future

one thing I noticed between Iraq and Afghanistan was the way people began building their country.

Afghans quietly are buidling their ruined country while Arabs are fighting the Americans!

Why is that?

BTW

BBC is mouthpiece of anti-US kids!

not really!

All MSM, to me, are mouthpiece of anti-America kids and hippies

But hearing or seeing a pro-US story on ABC is surprising and seeing some thing anti-US in BBC is not!

Apologies IG, I meant the spirit of the poll rather than the actual poll itself - my bad for innacurate language.

And yes to Phoenix, i see your point - it's ABC - not FOX!

I just worry about a poll carried out of 1000 individuals paid for by a US news agency.

I am not doubting that there have been improvements and I also agree that after the Taleban, a government run by Al Capone would have been an improvement.

headspace said:
Apologies IG, I meant the spirit of the poll rather than the actual poll itself - my bad for innacurate language.

And yes to Phoenix, i see your point - it's ABC - not FOX!

I just worry about a poll carried out of 1000 individuals paid for by a US news agency.

I am not doubting that there have been improvements and I also agree that after the Taleban, a government run by Al Capone would have been an improvement.

good point and then you tell me why the leftists still detest the US for its actions in Afghanistan?

I can't answer that. I agreed with the invasion of Afghanistan. I am not aware of any leftist opinion on that invasion, but I am based in the UK.

I'm just a cynic when it comes to sources of news stories! There is so much PR spin about Afghanistan being the model for future. I think it is dangerous to say "it worked in Afghanistan therefore it will work in XX country"

headspace said:
I can't answer that. I agreed with the invasion of Afghanistan. I am not aware of any leftist opinion on that invasion, but I am based in the UK.

I'm just a cynic when it comes to sources of news stories! There is so much PR spin about Afghanistan being the model for future. I think it is dangerous to say "it worked in Afghanistan therefore it will work in XX country"

HS, I'm sure there are still some lingering news sources out there, but there was the standard left-wing screeching once the invasion of Afghanistan began. It was all the standard "Don't resort to force", "try diplomacy", "the Russians and Brits failed to subdue the area" etc.

It's still not very safe, but life is getting better there. I just read today that a Canadian diplomat and two civilians were killed in a suicide bomb attack on their convoy.

To me the measure of success isn't where they are today, but whether there is the will to succeed and build a society better than what the Taliban had going. Screw the media.

Back