A poll on the fate of Scotland's historic regiments.

Do our allies wish to loss the ancient Scottish regiments?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care either way.

• I do not know much about these regiments.

• Total voters

mentor scotus

An introduction.
I am a civilian with relatives who served in the British army many years ago.My daughter is in the university Officer Training Corps.My career is as a senior consultant on post graduate education. I am also a published writer of poetry and prose.
I am interested in classical music,choral singing and politics.
Thank you for the welcome! :)

Welcome. Intelligent and artistic, don't go too hard on us. ;) My congratulations for your Daughter's service.

Ceud mile fáilte!

"A thousand welcomes!"

An áit a bhfuil do chroí is ann a thabharfas do chosa thú.

"Your feet will bring you to where your heart is."

I am 3/4 Scot and owe my alleigence to Clan Donald as my maternal grandfather was a MacAllister. My grandmothers were a MacKinnon and a Douglas. Paternal grandfather a German - oh well can't be perfect.
;)

Thank you everyone.See the post regarding the campaign, to try to convince our Prime Minister to Save the Historic Regiments.(It is under Military matters I think.)
Just to tell you that the wives and families of the soldiers do not want the changes either.Nor do the majority of Scottish people.
That is why the other British contributor, asked for your members to visit the web site and sign the online petition, if they feel they wish to help try to save the regiments for posterity.

As President Franklin D. Rooseveldt said,
"In the field of world policy;I would dedicate this nation to the policy of the good neighbour."

I hope the Scottish soldiers have been good neighbours, to those lands where they tried to keep the peace.Maybe now is the time to hope world opinion will save their regiments? :cry:

Thank you Dougal.Thank you all.
We are trying to get help from all over the world from our friends.
Please help by writing letters of complaint about the proposals to our government. :idea:
Regards Mentor.

Back