political forum: dedicated moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infern0

Banned
ok...i haven't been here that long, but already i can see that the politics forum could do with a bit more hands on treatment to get discussion on topic, and to keep the baiting to a minimum

and i'm guilty as anyone for it being that way, but it really is getting out of hand

i understand that this is the one sub forum where the mods are a bit more hands-off compared to the rest of the site....so maybe a dedicated moderator would be the way to go?

curious on your thoughts

to the person that left the cowardly, no name rep (much as i predicted would happen), no I do not want to be a mod.

i haven't been a member here long enough, and my views aren't neutral enough

but you dont need to be a mod to see that someone need to keep tighter leash on thing in the politic forum

It's a good idea, and I've actually been thinking about adding forum specific "leaders" to a few of the forums in here...

to the person that left the cowardly, no name rep (much as i predicted would happen), no I do not want to be a mod.
The negative reputations left in this thread have been deleted.
This is not the proper way to use the reputation system!!

glad to hear that my suggestion is being considered.

like all discussions where a wide range of political opinions are be thrown around, you really do need someone with a whip and a chair to keep people apart at times

As far as I've seen, there's no one really impartial here...I try to be impartial but people just throw it back into my face!!

The moderating in the political forum was spot on when 03, Redneck and Doody were here in force. Tough, no BS, no whinging allowed, I liked it. And the impartiallity thing is not necessary if you stick to using professional current military or prior service types. You civvie types probably won't understand or appreciate this but I'm going to try and dumb it down for ya to understand. In the military you learn to be professional, do your job and stick to the mission no matter your personal feelings or convictions. In my opinion as long as Red sticks to using the current caliber of individual he has previously chosen the rest is moot.

Philam15, true impartiality is an pretty much impossibility, we are all affected by our life experience past and present. But I'd gladly settle for someone who perhaps disregards the subject of the debate somewhat and focuses more on the goodwill between the participants.

Any of our current moderators would fill this position admirably.

The moderating in the political forum was spot on when 03, Redneck and Doody were here in force. Tough, no BS, no whinging allowed, I liked it. And the impartiallity thing is not necessary if you stick to using professional current military or prior service types. You civvie types probably won't understand or appreciate this but I'm going to try and dumb it down for ya to understand. In the military you learn to be professional, do your job and stick to the mission no matter your personal feelings or convictions. In my opinion as long as Red sticks to using the current caliber of individual he has previously chosen the rest is moot.

Great another public announcement from GI Joe himself.

As far as your list goes 1 out of 3 ain't bad I guess but us "civvie" types still expect impartiality or professionalism as you may wish to call it. Now I assume you are done with the attempted insults I am sure you have some Chinese school kids to "bring out of their shells" although I am almost certain that is a civilian job. So one "civvie" to another have a nice day.

Philam15, true impartiality is an pretty much impossibility, we are all affected by our life experience past and present. But I'd gladly settle for someone who perhaps disregards the subject of the debate somewhat and focuses more on the goodwill between the participants.

I agree I probably worded my original post incorrectly instead of "impartial" perhaps "professional" would have been a better choice.

Last edited:
whoa whoa whoa, I don't think he's trying to say us "civvies" are not able to fill the job, I think he's just saying that military people would be more apt to crack the whip more, meaning a tighter ship, opposed to non-military people.

But he is wrong, us "civvies" cannot be classified that we cannot be strick JUST because we havn't been in the military. DO NOT LUMP!

whoa whoa whoa, I don't think he's trying to say us "civvies" are not able to fill the job, I think he's just saying that military people would be more apt to crack the whip more, meaning a tighter ship, opposed to non-military people.

But he is wrong, us "civvies" cannot be classified that we cannot be strick JUST because we havn't been in the military. DO NOT LUMP!

No what he is doing is taking a cheap shot which is his trademark and to be honest I really don't have an issue with being called a "civvie" although I can't understand why anyone would want to denigrate a role he now fills himself.

It is actually this somewhat snide remark that I like to respond to.
You civvie types probably won't understand or appreciate this but I'm going to try and dumb it down for ya to understand.
because it is rude, somewhat schoolyard and totally bereft of fact.

Last edited:
Senojekips would get my vote, even though I have no vote, as well as Monty, and Mmarsh.

In the end hopefully it will be someone who is not going to pull rank when beaten or corrected, and punish members for such, which is the sign of a professional.

I apologize for my absence the past week but we have a big push on a couple of delinquent programs at work.

Before a few of you decide to form a committee to vote for new moderators, let me warn you beforehand. You had better vote for your worst enemy because that will be a fitting punishment for them.

We are like the body at the wake, there can't be one without us but we're not expected to say much. We read, talk among ourselves, and decide whether someone is going too far in attempting to lead a thread into a partisan, religious, or just plain name calling battle. No one of us is a judge, jury, and executioner. We don't always agree on everything but we are mature enough to agree with the majority.

If the Forum Admin thinks one of our members is moderator material, he/she will be emailed and given a choice of taking the offer or declining. The other mods are polled and if they agree that someone is mod material, he/she becomes one.

Now, that said, this thread is headed for a crash and burn because of some of you calling names and forming cells against each other and this is not good. So cool it and at least try to behave like the rules dictate.

Steady up there!:lol: I thank you both for your vote of confidence, however I would decline on the grounds that we already have a very good selection of moderators who do a great job. I'm sure that if any one of them decides or is asked by Redleg to pay the political forum a little more attention, they will do an exemplary job of keeping the thread "on course"

P.S. Truth be known I'm a pig headed old coot, and don't have the tolerance that the job demands.

But thanks anyway.

Spike.

See, I told you so.

"The bird is hot, Missileer, target acquisition is on hold".

Last edited by a moderator:
To BCO: Sir, multiple targets acquired and are tracking.

BCO: Confirm IFF negative, continue track, MTR, get ready for my countdown.

BCO to LCO: Order your Section Chief to raise Birds seven, niner, and twelve.

LCO: Sir, those are 40kt s.

BCO: Roger that, we have very hardened targets incoming.:firedevi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back