Polish Army Photos

That's great. I think it's rather obvious Poland didn't want to be unprepared for the next one. WWII was pretty painful for them and I am sure they said to themselves, Never again! These days when I think of Poland, I think of Pope John Paul II and I know Poland has good people that deserve this strong and potent military.

Polish TUR-2

bigger, heavier and with better protection
i-i08-06-026uh76tur.jpg

Tur-2, new armored vehicle from AMZ Kutno (with Kobuz ZSMU-127C1 remote weapon station from OBR SM Tarnów): 9,4 t., 4,5 l. engine (220 hp) with an automatic gearbox, protection levels (STANAG 4569): level 3 ballistic protection, full level 2 mine protection (level 3 optional), level 5 artillery protection (155 mm High Explosive at 25 m), crew: 5. Tur-2 will have its premiere on Eurosatory 2008.
Photo: G.Hołdanowicz

and here is a pic of TUR-1

amz_tur

Appeal in memory of Lieutenant Robert Marczewski

Appeal in memory of Lieutenant Robert Marczewski

Polish officer killed in Afghanistan 21.06.2008

A Polish officer has been killed in Afghanistan.

Four other soldiers accompanying him on a patrol mission in the eastern Paktika province have sustained injuries when a bomb exploded under their car. The attack took place some 40 kilometres from Wazi Khwa base to which they were returning.
The wounded Poles were evacuated to the military hospital in Bagram. Their condition is reported stable.

Lieutenant Robert Marczewski is the fifth Polish casualty in Afghanistan.
The 28-year-old officer served in the sixth assault battalion in Gliwice.

Almost a hundred soldiers of various nationalities have been killed since the start of the NATO operation there.

40086870nl4.jpg

21856837xh7.jpg

43182210iu7.jpg

24993016zd9.jpg

99995659yr2.jpg

97347330rn1.jpg

77235949he6.jpg

40622737uz8.jpg

Last edited:
Venom:

any pics of your people doing any hand to hand training? I always like seeing all the different militaries do their hand to hand to see what they emphasize.

What are the 12 doing? Some type of riot control training? (the one with fixed bayonets, mid height ready position or fighting stance)

Last edited:
I notice that the eagle appears everywhere except on the National Flag in international context. What is the reasoning behind this? I know other countries show their coat of arms in civl ensigns (i.e. Austria, Spain) but only some show the coat of arms on the flags when seen in other countries.

so, why this:
PolishFlag.gif

Instead of this:
poland_eagle.gif

Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply - I have a realy busy month at work.

According to the Coat of Arms Act:
Only in Polish - http://isip.sejm.gov.pl/servlet/Search?todo=file&id=WDU19800070018&type=3&name=D19800018Lj.pdf

Flag without coat of arms is used by:

1. The Sejm (lower house of parliament);
2. The Senate (upper house of parliament);
3. The President of the Republic of Poland;
4. The Council of Ministers (cabinet) and the President of the Council of Ministers (Prime Minister);
5. Local legislatures – during their sessions;
6. Other state and local government organs – on national holidays.
Additionally, the national flag without coat of arms is used as an ensign for inland navigation.

Flag with coat of arms are should be only flown:

1. on or in front of Polish embassies, consulates and other representative offices and missions abroad, as well as by Polish ambassadors and consuls on their residences and vehicles;
2. at civilian airports and heliports;
3. on civilian airplanes – only during international flights;
4. on buildings of seaport authorities;
5. as a merchant (civil) ensign.

Notice that Polish flag without coat of arms is very similar to H signal flag (I have a pilot on board) in international maritime signal flags system. That’s why all Polish ships have flags with coat of arms.

Last edited:
Polish soldiers building a base in Chad

126.jpg

128.jpg

Setting up the barbed-wire fence around the base.

131.jpg

135.jpg

Polish SL-34C Dozer-Loader

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

Thx :)

An-124 with first two of total eight Polish helicopters (four Mi-24W and four Mi-17IV) has landed Today in Bagram/Afghanistan.

2495.jpg

2496.jpg

2497.jpg

2498.jpg

2499.jpg

2500.jpg

2501.jpg

Back