Police Smelled Trouble With Teenagers

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Police Smelled Trouble With Teenagers
LEICESTER, Mass. (AP) - Two teens who went to the Leicester police station to apply for door-to-door sales permits were arrested after officers say they smelled burned marijuana on them. Police detected the smell on Garrett St. Cyr after he came into the station last Friday. The officers went...

Marijuana shouldn't be illegal in the first place, but you have to be a new kind of stupid to walk into a police station with weed on you after baking out your car.

Yeah well it is illegal there Cheech. And pot heads aren't known for there outstanding decision making skills (ref the above article) or fine motor skills.

I've thought long and hard about it and I still say tobacco and alcohol produce far worse effects than cannabis and have come to the conclusion that tobacco should be banned and cannabis legalized. Weed might mess with short term memory, but it won't send you into a pedestrian or wall at 80mph like alcohol will.

I've thought long and hard about it and I still say tobacco and alcohol produce far worse effects than cannabis and have come to the conclusion that tobacco should be banned and cannabis legalized. Weed might mess with short term memory, but it won't send you into a pedestrian or wall at 80mph like alcohol will.

And I am sure that is why most Americans who enjoy their freedoms and don't love drugs and drug dealers are happy you don't have any power within the legal or political system.

P.S. Marijuana is a gateway drug. Didn't you ever take a D.A.R.E. program?

P.S.S. *What If Situation* Do you know what happens after people get bored with legalized marijuana? Fighting for Heron to be legal too. Oh, oh! And maybe LSD! Keep thinking :peace:.

:roll:

Hahaha, "Gateway drug" what a hilarious dose of misinformation. 90% of the people I see quit smoking pot simply quit smoking pot and go on with their lives without taking cocaine or heroin or any of that. Anti-drug folks have such little insight into the true effects of cannabis it's amazing. The government's propoganda sure is effective in this department. They'll let you pay for cancer sticks that do nothing but give you a physical addiction and lung cancer, they'll let you drink alcohol that turns you into a loud moron who can't drive straight, but they won't let you relax with a blunt in the safety of your own home.

Pretty messed up, in my opinion.

And the reason, I believe, is that no corporation or the IRS will be able to make a profit if weed is legalized. Tobacco is great for the economy, but cannabis can easily be grown just about anywhere. Instead, they choose to put more people in the already overburdened prison system because they won't recognize defeat in their so-called "War on Drugs."

Last edited:
Hahaha, "Gateway drug" what a hilarious dose of misinformation. 90% of the people I see quit smoking pot simply quit smoking pot and go on with their lives without taking cocaine or heroin or any of that. Anti-drug folks have such little insight into the true effects of cannabis it's amazing. The government's propoganda sure is effective in this department. They'll let you pay for cancer sticks that do nothing but give you a physical addiction and lung cancer, they'll let you drink alcohol that turns you into a loud moron who can't drive straight, but they won't let you relax with a blunt in the safety of your own home.

Pretty messed up, in my opinion.

And the reason, I believe, is that no corporation or the IRS will be able to make a profit if weed is legalized. Tobacco is great for the economy, but cannabis can easily be grown just about anywhere. Instead, they choose to put more people in the already overburdened prison system because they won't recognize defeat in their so-called "War on Drugs."

That's funny, most of the people I know have experimented with other drugs after smoking weed.

And JAMA has other opinions as to if it's a gateway drug or not. You can say it isn't a gateway drug as much as you want, but it is. It opens many other doors to 'harder' drugs.

Now, go light up and remember, I'm just anti-drug, so I don't know anything. (Would you have thought I had a stronger defense if I said I was addicted to Heroin after the fact that I started off with weed?) I'm just curious how stupid I have to be.

It's also an issue of personal responsibility. Why restrict Americans from smoking pot, which is less harmful than alcohol, just because they MIGHT try a harder drug later? It's personal choice. If someone is stupid enough to do cocaine or PCP or any of those drugs, they were stupid enough to do so before they smoked weed. Weed doesn't make you do anything. If you're a fool and get totally whacked out, that's all on you.

That's like saying beer is a gateway drug. Someone tries beer, they love it, then they move up to liquor on their 21st birthday and get so wasted that they die in an accident or from alcohol poisoning.

If someone builds up a resistance to THC, they usually just compensate by smoking more pot. It is not necessary to move up to harder drugs to get the same effect. In fact, none of those hard drugs will produce the same effect as THC. Every drug produces different sensations.

Ironically, the majority of the people I've seen move up hard drugs are people who were caught smoking pot and forced into programs where they are drug tested. As hard drugs like LSD and cocaine don't stay in your system nearly as long, those on probation or entered against their will into rehab start taking them instead of weed because they know they won't be caught.

Also keep in mind that someone willing to try weed is also much more likely to be willing to experiment with more potent substances in the first place, so that is definitely a factor in the statistics.

But like I said, personal responsibility. Certainly drugs that alter one's perception of reality such as PCP or LSD need to be regulated, but THC simply causes a relaxed feeling and sometimes hunger. When taken with a vaporizer, all the negative effects to the lungs are negated.

Oh well, that's just my take on the situation. I didn't expect any agreement from these forums, since most members are conservative.

A couple of things.

1. To the extent that Pot will make you do stupid things. So does alcohol (which is a drug too) and yet that is legal. Like Pot, Tobacco is detrimental to your health and it is legal. So there is a double standard.

2. To the fact that is "gateway drug". Only 1 out of 10. Its a predisposed condition. Most pot smokers do not automatically migrate to harder drugs.

3. While I do not use or advocate the use of pot I do thing an attempt to legalize would go along way in minimizing the criminal elements associated. The fact of the matter is people are always going to want to use drugs, and they are willing to break the law in order to get it. It is a futile enterprise to try and prevent through law enforcement.

The best way to encourage people not to do pot is exactly the same way we encourage people not to smoke cigarettes: education.

A couple of things.

2. To the fact that is "gateway drug". Only 1 out of 10. Its a predisposed condition. Most pot smokers do not automatically migrate to harder drugs.

Having a wee bit of expieriance in dealing with the poor down trodden and misunderstood Drug addict's of the world. I can say that the ones I have dealt with for possession of meth, coke, smack, crack, X, special k, and various other narcotics whether using, or selling and generally doing both. Will tell you they started out smokin the reefer before graduting to "real" drugs.

Thats what makes it a gateway drug.

Having a wee bit of expieriance in dealing with the poor down trodden and misunderstood Drug addict's of the world. I can say that the ones I have dealt with for possession of meth, coke, smack, crack, X, special k, and various other narcotics whether using, or selling and generally doing both. Will tell you they started out smokin the reefer before graduting to "real" drugs.

Thats what makes it a gateway drug.

Your're a police officer, correct? Have you ever arrested a member of your own family on a drug charge? My uncle could tell you, he had his own son arrested by the PD after a heroin fueled rage. Its not so easy to scoff when you actually know the addict.

On my Father's side: I had a (forementioned) cousin who started with reefer as a teenager and then switched over to Heroin, ran away from home, stole things to finance his habit, the whole works, a real nightmare scenario. He didn't kick his H habit for almost a decade. He was just getting clean when I was born.

On my Mother's side, I have 3 cousins all started smoking pot as teens and still do. Two are in their mid-30s, and still smoke grass and never once migrated to anything harder. I know older people that smoked that s*** their entire life and never did anything harder.

Conclusion: Not every pot smoker transitions to hard drugs. In fact, most don't...Not that I encourage people to pick up the habit.

Last edited:
Did I say every pot smoker? Huh No I didn't. Did I say that most if not all addicts I have dealt with started on weed. Yes I did.

I'm not scoffing, but if you deal with nodders and crank heads and junkies enough you loose your little ." Oh poor little Johnny is on the pipe again he needs help." attitude.

I think it should be legalized because I don't know if it's significantly worse than alcohol really. Tobacco is bad for your health but I've never heard of tobacco impeding your judgment skills (unless you smoked about twenty in a row real real fast). Also, like mmarsh said, the criminal element behind it as well.
Also in the Netherlands, where it is legal, it isn't cool to smoke it and there are (from the last time I saw figures... I'll have to find it again if someone wants it) less cases of kids smoking marijuana than in countries were it is illegal. Kids just see it as something for weak people who can't deal with their problems. When something is illegal, people sometimes feel rebellious or "cool" because they're doing it.
Two things that are illegal that I just don't get: Marijuana and prostitution.

Back