Police interceptors UK Ch5 Mon 8pm

If money is such a problem they ought to have bought diesel Skoda's, one beat a mini cooper on top gears test track.

Some forces use Skoda's.

However, police forces don't pay the retail price on their cars. They are very heavily discounted by manufacturers. ;)

The "economic climate" has forced us into diesels. :(

I'm a huge fan of diesels, they are far more reliable than petrol's and better MPG. My old Land Rover diesel managed 25.5 MPG. Not bad for a heavy 4x4. If a diesel smokes badly its usually either the injector pump or the injectors and usually if the turbo fails, the driver don't let the turbo slow down before turning off the engine.

Looked after properly a diesel will give many years and miles of reliable service.

I replaced the turbo 14 months ago, granted it was only a second hand one, but with a new turbo and garage costs, plus new door, 4 brake lines, 2 front brake discs/pads, new exhaust, new oil pump, new power steering pump and the MOT on top, it was going to cost over £800, so I cut my losses and got a newer car. ;)

I'm a huge fan of diesels, they are far more reliable than petrol's and better MPG. My old Land Rover diesel managed 25.5 MPG. Not bad for a heavy 4x4. If a diesel smokes badly its usually either the injector pump or the injectors and usually if the turbo fails, the driver don't let the turbo slow down before turning off the engine.

Looked after properly a diesel will give many years and miles of reliable service.

Modern diesels are anything but reliable!!!! :shock: Just have a read of the car forums. They are a minefield! High pressure engine systems, dual mass flywheels and diesel particulate filters cost a fortune to put right.

Most diesels dump a cloud of soot whenever you drop a couple of gears and boot it.

I refuse to have a diesel. All 3 of my motors are petrols and I've had no issues.

My petrol 5.0L V8 supercharged Range Rover Sport gets about 16mpg on a run! :p Why would I want a diesel. ;)

I replaced the turbo 14 months ago, granted it was only a second hand one, but with a new turbo and garage costs, plus new door, 4 brake lines, 2 front brake discs/pads, new exhaust, new oil pump, new power steering pump and the MOT on top, it was going to cost over £800, so I cut my losses and got a newer car. ;)

Feck that! :shock:

Back