Police being racist?

--
Boots

December 17th, 2014  
JRotc_cadet

Topic: Police being racist?

My question for this forum is are the police racist? And do they deserve what assumptions people are making about them. In the u.s. Police departments across the country are being punished for doing their job. People are protesting and fighting with police because they dont understand that police are here to protect and serve. The people that are protesting about police now, what are they gonna say when they need them. These same people love the police when they save them from bank robberies and taking murderers off the street but then they turn around and start yelling and fighting them. They are blaming the police, but who causes the crimes?
December 17th, 2014  
tetvet

The Biggest demonstration so far has been about 25k people in a Country of 315 million people how does that equate ? .
December 17th, 2014  
dadsgirl

Tetvet, guess you would not like my Facebook page then......
--
Boots
December 18th, 2014  
JRotc_cadet

The thing is police do their jobs every day hoping not to get a call of an officer down or have that happen to themselves. Now with all these protests police officers are going to be afraid of doing their jobs. Because one day at one of these protests a person involved in that protest will have a gun and is either A. Going to start shooting police officers or B. Start shooting civilians and the one officer that can make a difference in that situation is going to hesitate too long because of all these protests and something really bad is going to happen.
December 18th, 2014  
tetvet

The NYPD the keepers of the ZOO have been down this road many times they know who is just a pain in the ass and who needs attention , Garner was a pain in the ass and they wouldn't have bothered with him except that shop owners and pedestrians complained about him so the Police had to make a move Mr. Garner had been down this road 31 times and he knew the routine , what was NOT on the film clip was when the Police showed up they told Mr. Garner to move on to take his show down the road Mr. Garner decided to be difficult there lies the problem , its not nice to be belligerent to the Police .
December 18th, 2014  
tetvet

Don't like your Facebook but I like you , cheers .
December 18th, 2014  
crazytanker

We have to remember as third party spectators that we're not getting the full story. We never are, and never will. The reason for this is that we get our information through a business whose sole function is to make money. Therefore, while it is mostly true, they stir the pot constantly. If a black criminal kills a white officer, there's no money maker to that. The general argument is that police officers accept that risk when they become police officers.

What if, however, the reverse were applied? That criminals accept the risk of deadly force when they become criminals?
December 18th, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
The NYPD the keepers of the ZOO have been down this road many times they know who is just a pain in the ass and who needs attention , Garner was a pain in the ass and they wouldn't have bothered with him except that shop owners and pedestrians complained about him so the Police had to make a move Mr. Garner had been down this road 31 times and he knew the routine , what was NOT on the film clip was when the Police showed up they told Mr. Garner to move on to take his show down the road Mr. Garner decided to be difficult there lies the problem , its not nice to be belligerent to the Police .
Lets skip the personalities involved here and ask at what point "being difficult" becomes a justification for being killed?

From this could we draw the conclusion that being difficult 30 times is a let off with a warning offence and 32 times is the death penalty.

Anyway as to the original question are the police racist, some probably are but on the whole no I don't believe they are however I do believe they are "classist" I tend to think that there is a perception that their role is to keep the unwashed masses in line which means the lower socioeconomic groups (regardless of race) tend to get a harsher response than other groups.
December 18th, 2014  
-- Dusty

Is this where I should mention the NYPD officers that ass-raped a man from the Dominican Republic, using a broken mop handle, about 15 years ago? And he wasn't even a suspect, himself?

Just wondering.
December 18th, 2014  
tetvet

15 years ago possible probably sometimes the ZOO keepers find themselves through frustration on a level with the animals they are paid to control but not often but what has happen in the intern that we should have to go back 15 years surely there must be something else .