Police being racist? - Page 7

--
Boots

December 29th, 2014  
tetvet

I would find it strange if cops weren't racist they deal with the same trash day in and day out .
December 29th, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
I would find it strange if cops weren't racist they deal with the same trash day in and day out .
That may be the case but the fact is they deal with "trash" of all races day in and day out so they can not afford to be racist, I would also suggest that they have reached a point where they are regarding everyone but themselves as "trash" consequently they now find themselves distrusted and disliked.
December 29th, 2014  
tetvet

You are correct I was generalizing the color of trash trash comes in a rainbow of colors the Police are feeling its us against them , we need the Police we don't need the trash .
--
Boots
December 29th, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
You are correct I was generalizing the color of trash trash comes in a rainbow of colors the Police are feeling its us against them , we need the Police we don't need the trash .
I would be inclined to argue that in some (not all) cases though the police have initiated the "us against them" climate, they have come to expect that people will back down when confronted by a police officer but the level of distrust has reached such levels that they are seen as the greater enemy and the only response I have seen from them to date has been to escalate the situation by turning militant.

I would suggest that you may as well not have a police force if the people no longer have faith in their impartiality and no longer trust them because they will simply be ineffective.
December 30th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I would be inclined to argue that in some (not all) cases though the police have initiated the "us against them" climate, they have come to expect that people will back down when confronted by a police officer but the level of distrust has reached such levels that they are seen as the greater enemy and the only response I have seen from them to date has been to escalate the situation by turning militant.

I would suggest that you may as well not have a police force if the people no longer have faith in their impartiality and no longer trust them because they will simply be ineffective.
I don't think the police are responsible for "us against them" kind of thinking. I would rather say media is playing a major role to create the tensions between the police and the public and the media is also blowing incidents out of proportion.
December 30th, 2014  
tetvet

I've just about come to the conclusion that I'm tired of being white , whites are blamed for everything from creating this Country to sending a white man to the moon we are also blamed for forcing people not to work for a living , the list is endless and like most whites I've had enough .
December 30th, 2014  
JRotc_cadet

People nowadays think its " cool" to make fun of and tease cops but then they don't understand that if you respect the police then they will respect you. These guys and gals on the force aren't racist but after a while on " the job" then they start to generalize people into different categories. Criminals, bad criminals, good citizens, friends, and then really bad criminals.
December 30th, 2014  
Sara

Quote:
I've just about come to the conclusion that I'm tired of being white , whites are blamed for everything from creating this Country to sending a white man to the moon we are also blamed for forcing people not to work for a living , the list is endless and like most whites I've had enough .

I'm tired of you being white too....

December 30th, 2014  
tetvet

I could say you can kiss my big white ass but I won't because its against the rules .
December 30th, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
I could say you can kiss my big white ass but I won't because its against the rules .
I think the boys and girls need a demonstration. Why don't you give it a go?